Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin livePRO

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post

My last issue specifically was because minimum points was set to 600 in LP. This caused scanned output and targetted beams to be about 30% of the power of QS - so as you can see, one setting can make a lot of difference. Also, be aware that the minimum points slider in Projector Settings (just above the colour sliders) doesn't seem to have any function.
    Once solution is you could adjust minimum points up in QS to 600 to achieve parity (its 200 by default).

That said, I'd check the latest version of Live Pro to see what's changed. I wouldn't know whats new there as I don't have a Live Pro Licence.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Do you have the latest version of Live Pro for FB3?

(Be aware there are different versions for the FB3 and QM).

The latest version for the FB3 is:

LivePro 2014 275 FB3.zip

I can't link you to it so you'll have to request a copy from Bill if you don't have it.
    heyhey.,..
    yeah i do have the latest version (well i think i do) as i downloaded it from the pangolin website...one thing i found odd was that the file for LivePRO was only 23meg and it wasnt really an install program it was just unzip it and open...where as quickshow is eating up nearly 1gig and was a big installation...mmm...

Because of the frames included with quickshow

yeah true true :-)

here are two pics of the comparison (dont mind the actuall scanning but more the colours)

the image on the left being the correct one using quickshow and the one on the right using livePRO....see how the LivePRO is showing heaps of purple and just a wash of pink ect.. rather odd

and ths is the test projectr setup test patter so i have not accidentally applied any colour effects ect
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0357.jpg  

IMG_0373.jpg  

I cannot send you my installer.. because I'm not allowed and I will not do that just because that is not my task.
    I own QM so it will not help anyway.
    But my updater and also Livepro all had an installer.

I can say mine is 49,6 mb *in a map and not zipped*
    But the FB3 livepro is also a different type so this doesn't say much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric View Post
    ...where as quickshow is eating up nearly 1gig and was a big installation...mmm...
    Quickshow has a lot of help videos that run to nearly 1GB in total size.

The latest version of Live Pro (programme only) is 3.2mg.

Check the About info to see which version you have. If it doesn't read 2014 275 then it isn't the latest version.

PM me your email address and provided it can accept attachments at this size, I'll send it across to you. As the file I have access to isn't a beta but a release, I don't see any problem in this if it will help and it might help preserve Bill's time if it can be cured this way. What I can't and won't do is link you to the server.

If that version doesn't cure it then you'll have to contact Bill.

The one on the public Pangolin website is not necessarily the very latest version as it just depends on when it was last updated.
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-06-2011 at 02:36.

Once solution is you could adjust minimum points up in QS to 600 to achieve parity (its 200 by default).
    Why on earth would you want to adjust QS so that it is producing LESS power to match LP??

Surely, the solution is to adjust minimum points in LP so that it matches the HIGH power of QS??
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Why on earth would you want to adjust QS so that it is producing LESS power to match LP??

Surely, the solution is to adjust minimum points in LP so that it matches the HIGH power of QS??
    Well you wouldn't, I was just suggesting a work around to achieve parity until a solution was found.

I suggest you check the latest version of Live Pro 2014 475 FB3 to see if its been solved. As I said earlier, I don't have a LP licence (or laser) and so can't check for you.

Ok, lets look at this logically shall we.

First of all, have you contacted Bill yet? If not, do it now, it could save us all some time.

Second, the pic of the LP scan clearly shows that there are colours incorrect, not just a bit of a different shade, but completely wrong, which suggests something to do with the colour mapping.

I'll fire up LP in a bit when i can get one of my FB3's out and have a look, but my first line of investigation would be anything to do with remapping colour channels. The projector connections must be ok because QS gets it right - I think its just config in software
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Ok, lets look at this logically shall we.

First of all, have you contacted Bill yet? If not, do it now, it could save us all some time.

Second, the pic of the LP scan clearly shows that there are colours incorrect, not just a bit of a different shade, but completely wrong, which suggests something to do with the colour mapping.

I'll fire up LP in a bit when i can get one of my FB3's out and have a look, but my first line of investigation would be anything to do with remapping colour channels. The projector connections must be ok because QS gets it right - I think its just config in software
    gday

yea i have contact Bill and he says it could really be a raft of differnet issues (im about to shoot across to him thoes two pics as it would make it easier for him to see whats going on ect)

yeah its completely wrong as when i click on a animation or what not on LP it comes out purple when its meant to be green...even when i click the active colour wheel it doesnt go to the specific single colours..but only mixes of colour..ie green images come out purple, or light aqua...and there is almost zero red being produced...

thankyou heaps for your time

scott...