Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin livePRO

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post

Second, the pic of the LP scan clearly shows that there are colours incorrect, not just a bit of a different shade, but completely wrong, which suggests something to do with the colour mapping.
    May well be.

But have you checked the latest version, its only been out a few weeks to my knowledge so it may have addressed the issue.

As for the points problem, well its as I mentioned above, I offered a work around for those who need both systems to perform the same, not a solution.

Again you need to check the latest version. I don't work for Pangolin so I have no idea what changes were / have been made to LP and I don't have a licence or laser so can't check.

I've hooked Euphoric up with the latest version via email attachment, so maybe he can check on your point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    May well be.

But have you checked the latest version, its only been out a few weeks to my knowledge so it may have addressed the issue.

As for the points problem, well its as I mentioned above, I offered a work around for those who need both systems to perform the same, not a solution.

Again you need to check the latest version. I don't work for Pangolin so I have no idea what changes were / have been made to LP and I don't have a licence or laser so can't check.

I've hooked Euphoric up with the latest version via email attachment, so maybe he can check on your point as well.

heya, yep once i get the update i will take a look at the above issue aswell

(im a bit rusty as im only just getting back into lasers/production ect...been out of the game for a few years now)

But have you checked the latest version, its only been out a few weeks to my knowledge so it may have addressed the issue
    Really, I'm fairly confident its not a version issue. I've used most releases of LiveProUSB since v4.x.x and I've NEVER had any colour channel issues.

Out of interest, are you using exactly the same rig to test with E.g. same cables, etc?

Strane that your colours come out mixed when using the colour picker - even if they were mis-mapped, you should still only see a single colour, albeit the wrong one.

Which FB3 do you have? SE/XE or QS?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Really, I'm fairly confident its not a version issue. I've used most releases of LiveProUSB since v4.x.x and I've NEVER had any colour channel issues.

Out of interest, are you using exactly the same rig to test with E.g. same cables, etc?

Strane that your colours come out mixed when using the colour picker - even if they were mis-mapped, you should still only see a single colour, albeit the wrong one.

Which FB3 do you have? SE/XE or QS?
    i am using the QS FB3 (i bought it from pango a couple of months ago)
    yea its strange indeed...i can seem to get it to go blue ok (445nm blue) but not green at all...i can sorrrta get it to go red (640nm red)....its really strange cause quicksshow works perfectly!...

yep im using all the same gear for both tests...i even tried laptop (as its mucch quicker than my pc) but the issue still remains..."scratches head"

Ok, one thing to try, if you haven't already.

Do a completely fresh install to a new folder for testing. If you just update, you retain the .ini config files which may be your problem.

Also check that the colour shift in 'Projector Settings-->Master Scanrate and Colour Settings tab is somewhere sensible (3 to 5 initially)

Next thing to try is to open Draw3D and try creating a simple frame there. What do the colours do there?

Basically we need to try and prove where the problem is, then narrow it down one by one. Don't do too many things at once in testing, otherwise you never know what fixed it
    Frikkin Lasers

Ok, one thing to try, if you haven't already.

Do a completely fresh install to a new folder for testing. If you just update, you retain the .ini config files which may be your problem.

Also check that the colour shift in 'Projector Settings-->Master Scanrate and Colour Settings tab is somewhere sensible (3 to 5 initially)

Next thing to try is to open Draw3D and try creating a simple frame there. What do the colours do there?

Basically we need to try and prove where the problem is, then narrow it down one by one. Don't do too many things at once in testing, otherwise you never know what fixed it
    do you mean to a fresh install of QS or just re-open the LP zip and store it to another folder? then open it from there?....

also, Draw3D? is this a function within LP? as i dont see it anywhere ...

Sorry, I mean just LP (as QS is ok)

When I update LP, all I do is open the zip and copy the LivePro.exe to my current installation folder and overwrite the old one. This way all my zones, livepro.ini, midi mappings etc stay the same.

So if you just unzip to a new folder and run it from there, you should start with a completely default installation. If you copy to an existing installation you run the risk of retaining a 'bad' setting (such as the one which is causing your problems.

FB3 comes with a range of software aside from QS. You can download the latest package from the Pangolin download page. Its the LA Studio package, of which Draw3D is one of the apps.
    http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm

Ever wondered how you create frames for LivePro when it doesn't have an editor? (it does actually, but its hidden ) You use Draw3D!
    Frikkin Lasers

Sorry, I mean just LP (as QS is ok)

When I update LP, all I do is open the zip and copy the LivePro.exe to my current installation folder and overwrite the old one. This way all my zones, livepro.ini, midi mappings etc stay the same.

So if you just unzip to a new folder and run it from there, you should start with a completely default installation. If you copy to an existing installation you run the risk of retaining a 'bad' setting (such as the one which is causing your problems.

FB3 comes with a range of software aside from QS. You can download the latest package from the Pangolin download page. Its the LA Studio package, of which Draw3D is one of the apps.
    http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm

Ever wondered how you create frames for LivePro when it doesn't have an editor? (it does actually, but its hidden ) You use Draw3D!
    i re-installed LP and the issues persisted...i also downloaded draw3d and noticed i have the same colour issue there aswell...its getting weirder!...

i quite likethese little added extras on the FB3 though

Ok just to make this public for completeness and to help others, Scott (Euphoric) now has the latest LP version but doesn't have the latest firmware. The version on the Pangolin download centre won't update beyond what he has and the latest LP won't run on that version.

The solution is here:

You can update firmware direct from the programme with QS.

Mines running 7.25.

Ok this is how to do it, run QS, at the top of the page there's a heading "settings". Click on this. At the bottom of the drop down list is "Firmware Update Centre". Click on this.

QS should now check the firmware against the latest version and update the FB 3 automatically if necessary when you click "Update All Controllers".

If it tells you, you don't need an update, yet you don't have 7.25, then you need to get the latest version of QS on and then re-run it as it will almost certainly update then as several versions ago (I forget which build) an update to 7.25 became necessary.
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-06-2011 at 05:35.

Ok, for clarity, are you saying he is now all ok (firmware updated, all working correctly), or are just posting how to update firmware if it implies you don't need to, but he still has the problem?
    Frikkin Lasers