Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin livePRO

problem remains

i have updated QS so i can install firmware 7.25 and then the update for LP.....

after all this, the problem is still there..

If you can wait until this evening, I'll set up a test rig with the same stuff as you, I have an SE and a QS board and LP.

What versions of QS and LP are you using? Assuming QS build 273 and LP build 275?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    If you can wait until this evening, I'll set up a test rig with the same stuff as you, I have an SE and a QS board and LP.

What versions of QS and LP are you using? Assuming QS build 273 and LP build 275?
    im using build 308 for QS and build 2014 for LP..

your helping me out so im extremely appreciative of that so by all means when ever you have time...

That doesn't explain why the green square in the ILDA test pattern is purple in LP. The diode based red and blue should be blanked at that point.
    Frikkin Lasers

Ok, quick question, how did you get build 308 of QS?

I've just installed the one from the website and if you mouse over the QS.exe file it says its 294

Did Pangolin email you a newer version?
    Frikkin Lasers

My reference is just how to do it if the firmware says it doesn't need updating.

Ok, well I'm not using quite the same versions as you (I'm not going to update my firmware to 7.25 as everything is working just fine for me and I can't downgrade once I've gone up)

However, you'll be pleased to know that playing the ILDA test pattern back in LP gives the same colour issues you are seeing.
    Cyan circle, magenta square, blue horizontal line.
    In the TOP pattern I see the letters as Blue, Magenta and Cyan respectively.

Now for the interesting bit...
    If I unplug the ILDA cable and plug it into my FB3-SE and switch to the main graphics zone, the colours are correct, which leads me to think that there is a problem with LP and FB3-QS interfaces that doesn't exist with the SE boards.

As you've already emailed Bill, I'm going to email him too and reference this thread as its clearly a bug (in as much as you can see a problem, and I can replicate it, and it still exists in your later versions than mine)

Thank you for posting here about this - I would never have found out until showtime otherwise I expect
    Last edited by norty303; 03-06-2011 at 11:05.
    Frikkin Lasers

Hi Scott,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems and I will try to help.

By the way, within our email exchange, I requested some additional information from you, but never received a response. (I am not saying you never sent a response -- just that I never received one...).

Norty and I are discussing the virtues of email in a separate thread. Emails can get caught on virus-ridden servers or spam filters, so nobody ever knows if they received the other person's "last email".

In any event, the additional information in this thread is helpful, especially the pictures you posted. This is enough for us to investigate this further and get back to you.

Nordy: Thanks for pointing this thread to me. I don't get to PL forum as much as I once did, and so it sometimes requires a "ping" to get me to look at things.

Best regards,

William Benner

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Ok, well I'm not using quite the same versions as you (I'm not going to update my firmware to 7.25 as everything is working just fine for me and I can't downgrade once I've gone up)

However, you'll be pleased to know that playing the ILDA test pattern back in LP gives the same colour issues you are seeing.
    Cyan circle, magenta square, blue horizontal line.
    In the TOP pattern I see the letters as Blue, Magenta and Cyan respectively.

Now for the interesting bit...
    If I unplug the ILDA cable and plug it into my FB3-SE and switch to the main graphics zone, the colours are correct, which leads me to think that there is a problem with LP and FB3-QS interfaces that doesn't exist with the SE boards.

As you've already emailed Bill, I'm going to email him too and reference this thread as its clearly a bug (in as much as you can see a problem, and I can replicate it, and it still exists in your later versions than mine)

Thank you for posting here about this - I would never have found out until showtime otherwise I expect
    oh reallly?? yeah i have the QS FB3 so its interesting that yours produces the same issues...im suprised no one else had picked this up previous however, im glad that atleast its not a projector/connection on my part though...

yeah no worries reg the issue, this community is really good hey...everyone seems to help everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Hi Scott,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems and I will try to help.

By the way, within our email exchange, I requested some additional information from you, but never received a response. (I am not saying you never sent a response -- just that I never received one...).

Norty and I are discussing the virtues of email in a separate thread. Emails can get caught on virus-ridden servers or spam filters, so nobody ever knows if they received the other person's "last email".

In any event, the additional information in this thread is helpful, especially the pictures you posted. This is enough for us to investigate this further and get back to you.

Nordy: Thanks for pointing this thread to me. I don't get to PL forum as much as I once did, and so it sometimes requires a "ping" to get me to look at things.

Best regards,

William Benner
    hey Bill,

i sent through an email to you late night (syd time) so about 15 hours ago...sorry but my net was down for the past few days so was unable to respond to your email..

let me know if you need anything further..i can take more pics if required ect ect.