Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Laser Display projector, PART 1

Ya Know... A really cool way to get a TON of free ilda graphics is to use a free demo programs called Anarchy.... it will conver test to ilda, BUT it also convers Dingbat files and graphic phonts to ilda files... A bit of tweaking and BOOM , some very useable graphics... Im sure some of you do this now, but it had given me a TON of really cool stuff... Check it out.....

http://www.internatlaser.com/ANARCHY.htm

From first hand experience, a fan anywhere near a set of scanners is a very bad idea, especially if the air getting drawn in from outside your projector is full of smoke.
    The front face of my projector is still wide open (see the pictures of it in the gallery), so the fan isn't doing any more damage than the ambient air already is. But I see your point. When I get it all closed up, I'll need to look at the temps inside and see if the fan is really needed or not.

Carey:

Thanks for the advice on the Anarchy editor... I'll check it out!

Adam

We speak from experience - we've had instances where the inside of the projector window fogs up completely because of high condensation, heat (from lots of wasted people off their nut in the room), an overzealous lighting operator pumping bucket loads of smoke into the room...

Dust sealing optics is something hardly anyone does but it just saves so many headaches...

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    From first hand experience, a fan anywhere near a set of scanners is a very bad idea, especially if the air getting drawn in from outside your projector is full of smoke.

Its a great idea to dust seal optics, as it sure as hell beats cleaning them
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Default Re: My Laser Display projector, PART 1

that looks great, good graphics as well.
    i am just starting to build my own projector, using media las wide scan galvos,
    hope my efforts are as succesful as yours my laser is only 5mw green at the moment but hope to upgrade sequentially

no doubt i will need help along the way

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow
    8)

Finally, after one year of failing, testing, and buying.
    I can proudly present you my NEW setup

Specs:

Galvos: DT-40 35kpps max scanner speed !
    Laser: Green DPSS 230mW
    DAC: USB Easylase
    Software: Mamba Black

This is part 1 , and that will say i`m not finnish.
    Part 1 = scanners, 12-bit dac, powerful green dpss + software OK
    Part 2 = I will upgrade to a RED laser (400mW is needed)
    Part 3 = The final, to add a BLUE dpss (200mW or more)

Then the system is ready for a RGB setup

Some pics:

And a big thanx goes to ppl on this forum for making this possible
    Spesial to SPEC for the info about everything, and for selling me the Laser and reshipping the galvos to me!!
    And a thanx to Jian for selling us cheap and NICE galvos
    dave321

Quote Originally Posted by dave321
    i am just starting to build my own projector, using media las wide scan galvos, hope my efforts are as succesful as yours my laser is only 5mw green at the moment but hope to upgrade sequentially.
    Help is what PhotonLexicon is for Dave...

Having been where you are right now, I can say that 5 mw of green is only going to look good if the room is COMPLETELY dark. No lights at all, and either no windows, or else it has to be pitch black outside. Then too, you're going to need a little fog or haze in the air. (Not a lot! Just enough to make the beam visible.)

Those wide-scan galvos can do some really impressive beam effects, but eventually you're going to want more power to make the wide fans, tunnels, etc stand out a little more. But even with a little power, you can pull off some amazing effects. (Graphics, on the other hand, can look pretty good even with low power.)

To prove a point about low power: Look at my avatar pic. Would you believe that's just 9 mw of 532nm (DPSS) green, 30 mw of 488nm (Argon) blue, and 14 mw of 632.8nm (HeNe) red? Moral: You don't always need high power to get good effects. (But you absolutely must have a dark room and fog or haze to pull it off.)

Have a look in the Photon Lexicon Gallery Section for more ideas on what is possible... And good luck!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by dave321
    that looks great, good graphics as well.
    i am just starting to build my own projector, using media las wide scan galvos,
    hope my efforts are as succesful as yours my laser is only 5mw green at the moment but hope to upgrade sequentially

The widemove's medialas sells are pretty decient for a first set of scanners

The make great choice for someone just starting out, as they are pre tuned. The only downside with them tho, is each scanner is mounted to the base plate seperatly.. Makes it fun to set them up!!

The argon in the pic below my name at the right has 2 sets in it, they are bulletproof..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/