Thread: Question for PT-ITRUST owners

Default Question for PT-ITRUST owners

I know there's got to be a few of you with that absolutely abominable piece of kit out there, there's no shame in hiding.

My question is regarding using the ILDA input in conjunction with the DMX input.

Put simply:

1. Do you need to set a special jumper configuration to switch from DMX to ILDA mode.
    2. Can you just feed an ILDA signal into the card, which will 'snap' it out of DMX mode and into ILDA mode.

I plan to be using both ILDA control, and DMX control side by side, and it'd be extremely convenient if I didn't have to climb up to the projector and manually change the DIP switches every time I needed to switch between DMX and ILDA.

The shows it comes with aren't half bad, and I've run it up with my desk. All I can say is that it could be worse.

I'm surprised by the degree of control it offers over DMX, and you get the ability to move the pattern around, as well as change it's size, speed, colour and rotation. Not too shabby, I must say. Record a few chases (think- the equivalent of 'frames'), and they aren't too terrible.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

I do not own a dmx controller but it plays the buildin show until you plug in a ilda cable.
    I would recommend mailing phenix or spacelas about your question
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

same here, everytime i feed it with an ilda signal, it snaps automatically out of sound mode and into ilda mode. havent tried it with dmx though and i haven't got my kit with me now so i could give you an answer right away
    "its called character briggs..."

I believe if it sees a short across pins 4 and 17 it switches to ILDA
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Thanks to everyone that helped, my DAC has finally arrived and is waiting for me at the post office, so I get to find out soon enough.