Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pelican Cases

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post

It's tough as hell, and when you first look at the foam and how to cut it, it looks a little intimidating. The foam is 3 layers partially cut in 1/2" squares, so measure twice, just find the right line and a sharp kitchen knife. Easy.
    I love pelican cases and use them for all my expensive equipment. The pick n place foam is a great compromise for rectangular objects but for odd shaped objects begins to tear apart the pick n place over time as you pull them in and out. I actually use a CO2 laser cutter to cut out odd shapes and it does an amazing job, accurate to within +/- .005. If anyone here at PL wants custom cut case foam I'll do it for half price. Normally it's a $50 setup fee and $40 per layer (if the layers have different layout, same layout is only $10).

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Phredy the foam and such in those pelican cases look really really good.
    Even though these are ment for a laser projector.
    Would it be possible to get a pelican case for my desktop pc?
    Since I will be using that more then A laptop in my first year of lasering, but I want to transport my pc with care A pelican case like that Would be really really usefull.
    Since they make a ton of different size cases, I would think you could find a case for a desktop computer no problem. I have seen a Pelican case used with a small desktop PC and it works great. He (Slicklasers) mounted the LCD monitor onto the inside of the lid. Just open and turn on and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Yag View Post
    the pick and pluck foam doesn't last very long.
    I saw that the pick and pluck foam might have issues over time with squares coming loose and falling out, so I glued all my foam together. I'm hoping I solved the problem before it developed.

IMO the pick and pluck foam is the weak point of Pelican Cases. But, how else could you make a case to fit anything without it? Custom foam would be an option if it starts to give me problems someday.

I saw that the pick and pluck foam might have issues over time with squares coming loose and falling out, so I glued all my foam together. I'm hoping I solved the problem before it developed.

IMO the pick and pluck foam is the weak point of Pelican Cases. But, how else could you make a case to fit anything without it? Custom foam would be an option if it starts to give me problems someday.
    Pick and pluck is shit. We always had custom foam inserts cut
    This space for rent.

Since they make a ton of different size cases, I would think you could find a case for a desktop computer no problem. I have seen a Pelican case used with a small desktop PC and it works great. He (Slicklasers) mounted the LCD monitor onto the inside of the lid. Just open and turn on and go.
    Pelican make the most awesome laptop cases.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Pelican make the most awesome laptop cases.
    They even make iPhone cases...

My pc is mid/high tower lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    My pc is mid/high tower lol XD
    So... They make a case for it... http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1730

ahahah that looks very nice btw.
    What would be the pricing on one of those things?

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    They even make iPhone cases...
    Thats not a phone case, thats a vault!

Well it looks like I found where to get my case to hold my touchscreen and Novation remote .

Thanks for the review Phredy