Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sneak peak

Default A sneak peak

I thought I would share my current project with you guys. This product is now in production and is slated for release end of this month. I'll post full details then.

Basically product X is a multi zone DSP Audio Processor. Includes full DSP functions, EQ, Compressor/Limiter, Crossover, Delays, Cobranet digital audio interface as an option card, multi-unit linking, UDP 3rd party control, RS-485 control via wall plate panels plus much much more.

Internally, it is based around Xilinx Spartan FPGA, Analog Devices Backfin DSP, 2 x SHARC DSP's with options to take this to 4 DSP's. Future features to include Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Automatic Mixing and Feedback Elimination.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4623.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	306.1 KB 
ID:	23867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rev - Thermal.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	23868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4625.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	23869
    Last edited by dnar; 03-02-2011 at 02:15.
    This space for rent.

Interesting.
    About the case, did you use that from some video recorder or is it really made for the device itself?
    If yes then it's a very nice quality case.

So what are the capabilities / specs of this pretty thing? KHZ those kind of values
    Noise ratio if there is ?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Interesting.
    About the case, did you use that from some video recorder or is it really made for the device itself?
    If yes then it's a very nice quality case.

So what are the capabilities / specs of this pretty thing?
    It is all custom mate. As for full function, I'll wait until after release. Shhhh.

All I can say now, is the audio performance is top shelf. 108dB dynamic range, 0.003% THD (advertised) it is actually 0.0022%.

I can show you it's little brother, which is already released. http://www.hillssvl.com.au/products/...ralian-monitor
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    It is all custom mate. As for full function, I'll wait until after release. Shhhh.

All I can say now, is the audio performance is top shelf. 108dB dynamic range, 0.003% THD (advertised) it is actually 0.0022%.
    *drool* that sounds so great.
    I will stop asking for the full function :P
    But wow that front panel looks really nice
    can I do a feature request though?
    A small switch in the case itself to turn the indicators off.
    It can help in situations where you might not prefer the light of the buttons emitting at your location.

wow!!!

although my personnal needs do not extend further from a nice preamp and power amp (maybe even an AV processor or effects processor), i always felt very ..... (can't find the word) when checking out this sort of machinery for live PAs and other big installations. i always dreamt of having my own fightcase full of compressors, limiters etc and then having absolutely no use for them other than turning them on and watch the little lights

mr dnar, you'r da man!!!!!
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    wow!!!

although my personnal needs do not extend further from a nice preamp and power amp (maybe even an AV processor or effects processor), i always felt very ..... (can't find the word) when checking out this sort of machinery for live PAs and other big installations. i always dreamt of having my own fightcase full of compressors, limiters etc and then having absolutely no use for them other than turning them on and watch the little lights

mr dnar, you'r da man!!!!!
    Hey man, this product is targeted at pubs and clubs, not home use hence the 1RU 19" rack physical format.

Say, I have not seen you active for a while. did you receive the modified Keg TEC controllers yet? If so, any news on performance?
    This space for rent.

Hey man, this product is targeted at pubs and clubs, not home use hence the 1RU 19" rack physical format.
    i know, i know... i can still droool over it though but if you ever design a power amp, or integrated amp or av amp or anything i'd like to hear about it

Say, I have not seen you active for a while. did you receive the modified Keg TEC controllers yet? If so, any news on performance?
    i am not very active lately, swamped at work... and i haven't been home for the last 2-3 days, so no idea what's in my mailbox as we speak. no worries, post from your part of the world usually takes some time to reach me (never mind what they say in the brochure )

i'll let you know
    "its called character briggs..."

How many ins/outs on this?

I know lots of people who are always looking for LMS alternatives, being torn between Berry DCX's and the big jump up (financially, not necessarily functionally) to XTA/BSS gear.

Where is this placed in the market as far as cost is concerned?

I might be able to put you in touch with someone to test a unit who can expose your unit to a large user base if you're interested.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    How many ins/outs on this?

I know lots of people who are always looking for LMS alternatives, being torn between Berry DCX's and the big jump up (financially, not necessarily functionally) to XTA/BSS gear.

Where is this placed in the market as far as cost is concerned?

I might be able to put you in touch with someone to test a unit who can expose your unit to a large user base if you're interested.
    Hi Norty.

AV Rev is already released, check it out here: http://www.hillssvl.com.au/products/...ralian-monitor

6 x Stereo Line Level Inputs
    4 x Mono balanced mic/line Inputs
    3 x Stereo output zones
    2 x Mono output zones

Pricing is very attractive but I won't quote prices here as we only sell through our established distribution network.

The new "product X" configuration is:

4 x Stereo Line Level Inputs
    4 x Mono balanced mic/line Inputs
    2 x Page inputs (CAT5 connection for power, data and audio)
    3 x Stereo output zones (2 of these include a summed mono output for subs, ceiling speakers etc).

Oh, and we also have iPad apps for all our digital products.

Drop me a PM if your interested.
    Last edited by dnar; 03-02-2011 at 16:43.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    i know, i know... i can still droool over it though but if you ever design a power amp, or integrated amp or av amp or anything i'd like to hear about it

i am not very active lately, swamped at work... and i haven't been home for the last 2-3 days, so no idea what's in my mailbox as we speak. no worries, post from your part of the world usually takes some time to reach me (never mind what they say in the brochure )

i'll let you know
    Well as it happens, we released our first DSP amplifiers in what will grow to a large range over the next 12 months.

We have already released 2 models targeting Commercial applications, featuring mic/line inputs, BGM inputs, Class-D output stage (100 or 200W) in a short 1 RU factor.

Soon to follow (not yet in production) are 2 x 100W, 2 x 200W, 4 x 100W and 4 x 200W power amps. All with DSP functions, Application GUI and serial control.
    This space for rent.