Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPad 2 announced :D

While I'm not a MAC person, I highly respect their innovation as an important counterpoint
    to the WIntel world... I'm sad to see Steve Jobs in such poor health; I hope he bounces back.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    I doubt I would use one in a normal day. I am just way to keyboard and application dependent.
    I just want to run live laser shows from one. Pangolin! Where's the app!

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    In the pipeline... need more time to work on it though
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post

Coming soon
    I'm working on it. (but it needs a pc in between)
    Well it works, but the pc cannot talk to the app itself that great yet.
    However the iphone talks better to the pc
    You can already remotely play a show now.

Is this a female pirate?

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    beautiful simple design, thin, long battery life and a beatiful simple sleek OS.
    Got to love the design of the previous iphone yes *sarcasm*
    it's roundness makes it easy to let it slip out of your hands.
    Most people that broke their screens own an iphone, how come that most of these broke? WEll thats your beautifull design for you.

Thin? what do you gain of that thinness?
    Your not going to put keys in your pocket next to the thing anyway.

Long battery life, yeah thats is true... But the battery degrades quick in terms of quality.

Beautifull simple sleek OS?
    If you not look at, the constant annoying updates.
    The horribly itunes you are forced to use and the earlier versions being slow and laggy with the start of the iphone 4 OS... then perhaps.
    Last edited by masterpj; 03-02-2011 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Coming soon
    I'm working on it. (but it needs a pc in between)
    Well it works, but the pc cannot talk to the app itself that great yet.
    However the iphone talks better to the pc
    You can already remotely play a show now.

Is this a female pirate?

Got to love the design of the previous iphone yes *sarcasm*
    it's roundness makes it easy to let it slip out of your hands.
    Most people that broke their screens own an iphone, how come that most of these broke? WEll thats your beautifull design for you.

Thin? what do you gain of that thinness?
    Your not going to put keys in your pocket next to the thing anyway.

Long battery life, yeah thats is true... But the battery degrades quick in terms of quality.

Beautifull simple sleek OS?
    If you not look at, the constant annoying updates.
    The horribly itunes you are forced to use and the earlier versions being slow and laggy with the start of the iphone 4 OS... then perhaps.
    I dont let it slip out of my hands. The most phones break are iphones....because they are the most used, and probaly also more by kids because the massive games selection. Bad reason.

Thin-part of the design. The beauty. Not that its confortable or something. But thinner technology is always nicer.

Battery life: does not degrade fast. I charge my ipad and iphone every day until i buy the next generation. Its 100% quality

Beautiful os: the updates adds extra updates and functions, and upgrading is done in 5 minutes. Yeah a big downside *sarcasm
    They are not annoying in any way.
    Next, the beauty of ios is its simplicity. Some people may not like it, but i do. Not gadgets widgets and stuff, just icons. And extra stuff with gestures and home button clicks. 100% nice imo. Search info? I just goto search bar and hit the icon and within 2 seconds i know everything i want.

There are only 2 downsides on idevices:
    No bluetooth file sharing.
    Itunes.

Amen
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

So are you going to get it?
    I'd rather spend the money on lasers

/Thomas

I dont let it slip out of my hands. The most phones break are iphones....because they are the most used, and probaly also more by kids because the massive games selection. Bad reason.

Thin-part of the design. The beauty. Not that its confortable or something. But thinner technology is always nicer.

Battery life: does not degrade fast. I charge my ipad and iphone every day until i buy the next generation. Its 100% quality

Beautiful os: the updates adds extra updates and functions, and upgrading is done in 5 minutes. Yeah a big downside *sarcasm
    They are not annoying in any way.
    Next, the beauty of ios is its simplicity. Some people may not like it, but i do. Not gadgets widgets and stuff, just icons. And extra stuff with gestures and home button clicks. 100% nice imo. Search info? I just goto search bar and hit the icon and within 2 seconds i know everything i want.

Itunes.

Amen
    Borg if you say only thinner is good is because it's nice then I'd say you set form higher than function... that's pretty bad Imho
    You also highlight that because you say it's not comfortable but because it's thin it's automatically nicer.....
    Hell I want a phone that fits comfortable in my hand and types nice.
    I'm not going to look at it all the time I'm going to use a phone......

Battery life 100% quality??? Maybe you should investigate more in that battery.... For all I can say it's far from being anything near that 100% quality.
    - battery really degrades overtime... my iphone doesn't even make it till the end of class so I have to take my charger with me and sit behind the computer just to charge up that piece of shit.
    (I heard other people that have an iphone/ipad or similar apple product having the exact same problem).

Amd how about this.. you can't use that damm phone because they literally force you to sync up first..... that's what I calll a despirate method to force you to download Itunes.

"Not gadgets widgets and stuff, just icons."
    Not that you can fuck this up easly on a phone... I should not consider this anything special

"" Beautiful os: the updates adds extra updates and functions, and upgrading is done in 5 minutes. "
    So? that doesn't make it a valid reason to constantly start throwing a crapload of updates on the table, and most of the fixes are constantly because they are fighting jailbreak.... how about they just accept the fact that crap like this happens anyway?

"
    Itunes.
    "
    Not really there are waaaay more.
    - No proper modem *so no pangolin Imu for laserists here"
    - It's expensive and you know it.
    - Apple is definitely not a company that should be raised on top
    Let me be fair it this, apple has done some great things in the past, But so has Microsoft and other companies... Their ipad and iphone are not new technology, the only thing is that it's marketed much more noticible.
    If you want a real phone that is usefull for bussiness I'd say blackberry.

But hey go ahead and buy it and have fun with it.
    But one thing is certain: I would never buy that thing.
    I rather go with the best and even better most functions I can get that benefits me.
    I look at the end results, and the ipad certainly doesn't make that true.
    I save my money for my laser equipment and other things related to lasers to invest in my improvement of it.
    I'd advice you to do the same... But you should be the one deciding that for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpip View Post
    I'd rather spend the money on lasers

/Thomas
    same

Also I'd like to add in between that I consider that apple slighly hurts lasers but indirectly by trying to get flash destroyed
    Why did I add this? Well remember that flash is a vector format.... Laserist (hopefully) like vectors, at least I do.
    Last edited by masterpj; 03-03-2011 at 02:29.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Borg if you say only thinner is good is because it's nice then I'd say you set form higher than function... that's pretty bad Imho
    You also highlight that because you say it's not comfortable but because it's thin it's automatically nicer.....
    Hell I want a phone that fits comfortable in my hand and types nice.
    I'm not going to look at it all the time I'm going to use a phone......

Battery life 100% quality??? Maybe you should investigate more in that battery.... For all I can say it's far from being anything near that 100% quality.
    - battery really degrades overtime... my iphone doesn't even make it till the end of class so I have to take my charger with me and sit behind the computer just to charge up that piece of shit.
    (I heard other people that have an iphone/ipad or similar apple product having the exact same problem).

Amd how about this.. you can't use that damm phone because they literally force you to sync up first..... that's what I calll a despirate method to force you to download Itunes.

"Not gadgets widgets and stuff, just icons."
    Not that you can fuck this up easly on a phone... I should not consider this anything special

"" Beautiful os: the updates adds extra updates and functions, and upgrading is done in 5 minutes. "
    So? that doesn't make it a valid reason to constantly start throwing a crapload of updates on the table, and most of the fixes are constantly because they are fighting jailbreak.... how about they just accept the fact that crap like this happens anyway?

"
    Itunes.
    "
    Not really there are waaaay more.
    - No proper modem *so no pangolin Imu for laserists here"
    - It's expensive and you know it.
    - Apple is definitely not a company that should be raised on top
    Let me be fair it this, apple has done some great things in the past, But so has Microsoft and other companies... Their ipad and iphone are not new technology, the only thing is that it's marketed much more noticible.
    If you want a real phone that is usefull for bussiness I'd say blackberry.

But hey go ahead and buy it and have fun with it.
    But one thing is certain: I would never buy that thing.
    I rather go with the best and even better most functions I can get that benefits me.
    I look at the end results, and the ipad certainly doesn't make that true.
    I save my money for my laser equipment and other things related to lasers to invest in my improvement of it.
    I'd advice you to do the same... But you should be the one deciding that for yourself.

same

Also I'd like to add in between that I consider that apple slighly hurts lasers but indirectly by trying to get flash destroyed
    Why did I add this? Well remember that flash is a vector format.... Laserist (hopefully) like vectors, at least I do.
    Every battery degrades, but the ipad/iphone not more then others.
    Yep you must sync first. Falls under the downside: itunes.
    Updates that only do security stuff are rare...plus you dont have to upgrade.
    No modem? You mean share 3g? Tether? Its easy...

I can discuss this all day but you will keep trying to degrade their products and i raise them...
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Every battery degrades, but the ipad/iphone not more then others.
    Yep you must sync first. Falls under the downside: itunes.
    Updates that only do security stuff are rare...plus you dont have to upgrade.
    No modem? You mean share 3g? Tether? Its easy...

I can discuss this all day but you will keep trying to degrade their products and i raise them...
    I want to stop hammering on this.
    But no from all battery's Í've ever used and have for a long time the worst is the ones that apple have.
    Security stuff are not rare... Maybe you should check a changelog of one update.. if you decipher some weird security terms they use and know how a jailbreak really is done you will able to make this out of nearly every Iphone update that that they are trying.

Tether? No realy a modem
    You can't do that with the iphone so Pangolins imu for iphone is not possible
    Apple also doesn't allow me to read out text mesages for an iphone app or anything so This is a dead end for pangolins imu or similar on the iphone.