Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Effects Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Spec
    There was a guy on ebay selling "pre mounted" diffraction gratings in slide projector housings... Ill see if I can track down his email for you and get him on PL

The avatar: I didnt make it! I dont remember who did or what site i got it from but the look of it said "keeper". One day Ill make a show incorporating those pieces running around a sphere or something.
    Maybe this is the one your'e thinking of?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZimp...esquareQQhtZ-1
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Thats him!

I kept searching for "Impossible Square" as thats what came on the business card in the package. Standard search didnt show anything

Really thin gratings mounted in 35mm projector slides. Not perfect for laser stuff as there is quite a lot of back reflection. Tested them to a .5 watt no problem.

I think this is the same glasses that i did steal from my school.....
    Then can split lasers (if you want to) but they was ment to split the SUN light
    we did get a nice rainbow of colours

Thumbs up Diffraction Gratings + DAC & Softs

Hello,

I hold quite lot of diffraction grating film I bought few years ago (a good opportunity since hard to find now...).

I have tested them with 1,2 & 3 watt Lasers (dpss at 532) : they work fine !
    I will be able to test them with a 10 watt 532 dpss soon.
    Moreover, they are 150mm x 150mm big !

Since I want to be able to afford coming on holiday in US next summer...I'm ready to sell theese gratings if several people interested !
    I search also for Pangolin system : making a deal with an exchange is also possible ;-) !

André

PS : I can also buy DAC and/or softs here and resell them when coming in US (then you save shipping & insurance cost...and I can have good price if buying in quite quantity).
    Last edited by andre92150; 04-22-2007 at 15:17.

Default lumia effects

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD View Post
    Do you guys have any good sources for effect glass and gratings?
    Star filters, hot dot patterns, linear , Nebula and Aurora ( Types of Lumia)..
    Ever hear of Dimple Glass? We used to use that one.. Very cool.. Basicall that one was like a nebula, but had only One big dimple in the glass...
    You could try making your own lumia glass by dropping small beads of poystyrene cement or other similar adhesive onto your glass / perpsex disc, leave to dry and then add more drops and so on. I have got very good results from this method and its cheap and easy. Also other glues with different polymers may work, they don't have to be solvent based. Not sure on how much power they could cope with, i guess several hundred mw should be ok, escpecially if rotated at ~0.5 rpm.
    dave321