Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking For A CPU controlled Lazer Show Kit

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    3rd Grade and Studying IT? 1000$

Troll alert?

Steve
    He might have earned the money by doing small jobs or something.. perhaps maybe he's using a bit from his money that is ment for later...

But I found it weird, why did this person create multiple topics?
    No offense aras4life, but can you explain a bit more why lasers should be considered a school project and why you would spend 1000$ for it just being a school project?

Default Lots of information not many links...

Audiolase by 300evil (sound card correction amp) AUDIOLASE

Software Laser Boy (free): Laser Boy

LFI Player: LFI Player (free)

Spaghetti (not free)

pangolin.com for the fb3

Hope that helps
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    He might have earned the money by doing small jobs or something.. perhaps maybe he's using a bit from his money that is ment for later...

But I found it weird, why did this person create multiple topics?
    No offense aras4life, but can you explain a bit more why lasers should be considered a school project and why you would spend 1000$ for it just being a school project?
    Sure I dont have any problem answering those questions to make everything clear. I created multıple topics under different sections to get attentıon ı just regıstered to thıs forum and ı dont really know how thıngs work around here yet. I got this forums url from www.blueskymarketing.co.uk they sent me this adress since they didnt have what I requıred they thought this forum might have helped. Which Im hoping it will. And yea Im studiying Informatıon systems Engıneerıng(ıts not much hardware related) Its my 6. semester project. "I do have around a $1000 dolar budget for this but I want to make ıt clear that Im not goıng to get a kick out of spending all of it So the cheaper it is the better as long as its functional. " So I set my budget for around $1000 because I think thats probably how much its going to require since I do have to get somethings prebuilt. We need to complete 2 projects to graduate. This is going to be my first one. If anyone else has any questıons I can answer them.

Anyone have any idea on the list of equipment I have to gather up? is there a place where I can find a list with names and models...

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Audiolase by 300evil (sound card correction amp) AUDIOLASE

Software Laser Boy (free): Laser Boy

LFI Player: LFI Player (free)

Spaghetti (not free)

pangolin.com for the fb3

Hope that helps
    Ok thanks for these I can get up the software and the cpu connection with this=) Now ı have to find what I need to the laser projector..

Thumbs up Used "z" in laser...

Troll alert?

Steve
    I'm with "stupid"... (will get smiley on return visit.)
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by aras4life View Post
    Ok thanks for these I can get up the software and the cpu connection with this=) Now ı have to find what I need to the laser projector..
    Cpu connection?
    No no you need a DAC aras4life.
    Then in many cases you need to buy software seperate.
    Depending on what works for the dac you purchase
    (DAC mean's Digital to Analog converter) then you indeed need a projector.

Now if you the most degree of freedom, you will need an projector and an DAC that supports ILDA.
    there's also dmx.. but dmx does not allow you to create frames.. without maybe having an SD card, drawing frames and then putting it into the projector and then giving signals.
    But external dmx control still requires you to have seperate software for your pc.
    and also a dac that supports it.

DMX is cheaper... but really if you want to have the most fun after your project and also the most usefull:
    Go for an dac and projector with ILDA

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Cpu connection?
    No no you need a DAC aras4life.
    Then in many cases you need to buy software seperate.
    Depending on what works for the dac you purchase
    (DAC mean's Digital to Analog converter) then you indeed need a projector.

Now if you the most degree of freedom, you will need an projector and an DAC that supports ILDA.
    there's also dmx.. but dmx does not allow you to create frames.. without maybe having an SD card, drawing frames and then putting it into the projector and then giving signals.
    But external dmx control still requires you to have seperate software for your pc.
    and also a dac that supports it.

DMX is cheaper... but really if you want to have the most fun after your project and also the most usefull:
    Go for an dac and projector with ILDA
    Im guessing this should be appropriate right?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/iShow-ILDA-Laser...ht_6954wt_1139

Quote Originally Posted by aras4life View Post
    Im guessing this should be appropriate right?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/iShow-ILDA-Laser...ht_6954wt_1139
    nooo.. not the i-crap!!!

it is kind of ok only for very very elementary stuff, take my word for it, i also got it some time ago akd now it sits unused

spend a bit more and get a riya lite usb DAC and spaghetti software

around 150usd for the rita lite and around 120usd for spaghetti (if i remember prices correctly)
    "its called character briggs..."

Troll alert?
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I'm with "stupid"... (will get smiley on return visit.)
    Oh for crying out loud... You two ought to know better than that. 3rd grade = Junior year in College. Otherwise he wouldn't be talking about graduation, class projects, and a $1000 budget. Did it ever cross either of your narrow minds that English might not be his primary language?

aras4life:

First of all, Welcome to PhotonLexicon! Hopefully you'll find the answers you were looking for here.

It would be helpful if you could explain the goals of your project a little better. Do you have to build everything yourself, or are you allowed to purchase a complete system off the shelf?

Since you said you are studying information systems engineering, that sounds like your instructor wants you to design, build, and program everything yourself. Are you at least allowed to use a commercial hardware solution and just do the programming yourself? Or maybe are you allowed to use commercial software and just build the hardware yourself? Either of these will greatly simplify the project.

If you must do everything yourself, then the suggestion to use a modified sound card as a controller is a good one. This is a very affordable option that will still allow you to create many different laser effects. The actual electronics work is not difficult. You start with a USB sound card, and you remove the DC-blocking capacitors on the output. Then you need to add an amplifier to boost the signals a bit.

As far as programming a laser show, if you have to start from scratch and build your own laser show software, then you are looking at a fairly involved project. But there are some open-source projects out there that you can look at... This should give you some idea as to where to start. Several members of PhotonLexicon are also programmers, so they may be able to assist you.

Now, if you are allowed to use software that is already written, then there are many choices for you, even if you stick with the home-made controller based around a USB sound card. Search PhotonLexicon for "Laserboy", "Spaghetti", "HE-Laserscan", "Poplescan", "Laser Design Studio", and "Mamba" for more information about each of these software packages.

The commercially-available I-show controller is not normally recommended because of it's poor performance. Even if you are allowed to use an off-the-shelf controller, if your choice is between a sound card controller and the I-show, go ahead and build the one based on a sound card. It will work better!

When do you have to have this project completed?

Adam