Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with Lasrerwave module

Quote Originally Posted by stupidsexyflanders View Post
    The control outputs the X and Y signals for the galvanometers, blanking signal and 4 bit colour
    changing signal. The outputs of the interface should only be used to drive suitable equipment or
    interfaces. The pin out of the control signals on the 25 way D connector on the interface is as
    follows:

PIN 1 +Y Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 2 -Y Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 5 +X Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 8 -X Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 9 Red RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 10 Green RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 11 Blue RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 12 Intensity Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 13 Spare Line TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) (reserved for future use)

PIN 14-19 0V Ground

PIN 20 Blanking Signal TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) Reversible

PIN 21 Colour Bit 4 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 22 Colour Bit 3 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 23 Colour Bit 2 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 24 Colour Bit 1 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 25 Scanners ON / OFF Signal TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) (reserved for future
    use)
    the ttl ground , catweazle scanner ground are connected to pins 14 & 15 . Do you mean connect the scanner x & y ground to the same point ?

the ttl ground , catweazle scanner ground are connected to pins 14 & 15 . Do you mean connect the scanner x & y ground to the same point ?
    The DAC is made by Nu Light

Default grounds

no the scan set power supply to ground

it called star grounding , solves lots of problem with noise,and ground loops causing prolems
    so disconnect all your grounds then for example ( take laser power supply ground to the star point and then to the laser ground) do that to scan set power and modulation input as well using same ground point ,
    this is how pangolin recomend the ground system in a projector should be.
    and it works to solved all sorts of problems for me
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Lightbulb Good luck...

The control outputs the X and Y signals for the galvanometers, blanking signal and 4 bit colour
    changing signal. The outputs of the interface should only be used to drive suitable equipment or
    interfaces. The pin out of the control signals on the 25 way D connector on the interface is as
    follows:

PIN 1 +Y Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 2 -Y Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 5 +X Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 8 -X Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 9 Red RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 10 Green RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 11 Blue RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 12 Intensity Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 13 Spare Line TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) (reserved for future use)

PIN 14-19 0V Ground

PIN 20 Blanking Signal TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) Reversible

PIN 21 Colour Bit 4 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 22 Colour Bit 3 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 23 Colour Bit 2 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 24 Colour Bit 1 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 25 Scanners ON / OFF Signal TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) (reserved for future
    use)
    I can say where, but I am sure this pin out set up is part of your problem...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I can say where, but I am sure this pin out set up is part of your problem...

Thing is , it works fine with the lambda pro module . Its only since changing the module i have had issues. The Pin out is as per Nu-Light Manual. Any help is very grateful. I think the blanking issue is why i cannot get a decent test pattern . It leaves beam trails.

Default grounds

ok just try this as i said laserwave has a differental input on the modulation
    so connect your laser supply ground to modulation - and your dac 0v ground
    if that dont work
    then try your laser with a couple of 1.5v batterys on the modulation just to see if it even works ??
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Lightbulb

I think the blanking issue is why i cannot get a decent test pattern . It leaves beam trails.
    Whoa, tails, or it doesn't blank at all? Can we get a picture of that test pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Whoa, tails, or it doesn't blank at all? Can we get a picture of that test pattern?

It doesnt blank. Ok tried this last night. Module is set to negative TTL . Scanner dc ground & module dc ground connected to DAC pins 14 & 15 (pins 14-19 are all linked grounds in the DAC) . If i connect to the dac , even with the dac unpowered & not connected to pc the beam comes on. If i disconnect the dac ,beam goes off . If i remove the ground wire from the ttl input on the module , it dims & starts to modulate . If i connect up the lambda pro same way everything works fine. As i dont have a manual for the laserwave module , can anyone tell me what the other switch is for on the psu . Is it mode or analog polarity. Thanks

update , with nothing connected to the laser psu the ttl `input` gives me constant 5.33 volts. Thats the problem.
    Last edited by stupidsexyflanders; 03-08-2011 at 23:28.

Are you saying that you have 5v output from the laser driver?

If you have selected TTL- then that should happen.

TTL- requires the DAC to ground this signal to switch the laser off.

TTL+ requires the DAC to provide 5v (well about 2.5v or more) to switch the laser on.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Are you saying that you have 5v output from the laser driver?

If you have selected TTL- then that should happen.

TTL- requires the DAC to ground this signal to switch the laser off.

TTL+ requires the DAC to provide 5v (well about 2.5v or more) to switch the laser on.

i have 5.33 volts on both + and - ttl setting. Yes from the laser driver/ Doc what is the other switch for and which setting should it be on as it also has some influence on things