Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with Lasrerwave module

Default Help with Lasrerwave module

I have a 200mw Dpss 532nm . Im using the Nu-light DAC & software which is ttl only. Problem is that is does not blank the laser at any time . I have it connected correctly & tried it on positive & negitive blanking (software supports both as does module) . When i probe the signal to the module when blanked i read 0.2 volts but beam is still on. The Lambda Pro nodule i had before blanked correctly with the same setup. Any ideas? I could always add some resistance to the signal to bring it down to a true 0 volts.

Default switch

Quote Originally Posted by stupidsexyflanders View Post
    I have a 200mw Dpss 532nm . Im using the Nu-light DAC & software which is ttl only. Problem is that is does not blank the laser at any time . I have it connected correctly & tried it on positive & negitive blanking (software supports both as does module) . When i probe the signal to the module when blanked i read 0.2 volts but beam is still on. The Lambda Pro nodule i had before blanked correctly with the same setup. Any ideas? I could always add some resistance to the signal to bring it down to a true 0 volts.

you need to switch over the laser wave driver to neg edge ttl as that what the lamda pro is . or just try swapping the + &- modulation wires around. it wont hurt
    read the laserwave intructions it shows you how if you go the switch route
    i doubt the 0.2v will have an effect ttl is usally abit higher than that
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Lightbulb

Some LaserWave lasers have a switch on the driver for analog, TTL, and CW. Make sure that is switched to the correct setting for your application.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Some LaserWave lasers have a switch on the driver for analog, TTL, and CW. Make sure that is switched to the correct setting for your application.

i have two switches on the side of the PSU one for ttl and one for i would think analog . If i set the ttl to negative beam is on constant , positive beam is off but wont come on with +5 volts. Also the other switch must be set in the same postion for beam to be on. This is of course affecting scanner performance as im getting tails on my test pattern.

i have two switches on the side of the PSU one for ttl and one for i would think analog . If i set the ttl to negative beam is on constant , positive beam is off but wont come on with +5 volts. Also the other switch must be set in the same postion for beam to be on. This is of course affecting scanner performance as im getting tails on my test pattern.
    Try reversing the polarity of the mod wires
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Default laserwave

the thing to watch with laserwave drivers they have differential inputs
    so make sure you connect all your grounds to the same point
    so connect dac pin 25 ,your laser supply ground and the - modulation input,scan set supply ground all to the same point . you will proberly find this will fix your problem
    tails an all
    trust me on this one been there and done it myself
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    the thing to watch with laserwave drivers they have differential inputs
    so make sure you connect all your grounds to the same point
    so connect dac pin 25 ,your laser supply ground and the - modulation input,scan set supply ground all to the same point . you will proberly find this will fix your problem
    tails an all
    trust me on this one been there and done it myself
    Doc , i have already tried reversing the wires but it makes no difference.

Default grounds

have you tried all the grounds together ??

The control outputs the X and Y signals for the galvanometers, blanking signal and 4 bit colour
    changing signal. The outputs of the interface should only be used to drive suitable equipment or
    interfaces. The pin out of the control signals on the 25 way D connector on the interface is as
    follows:

PIN 1 +Y Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 2 -Y Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 5 +X Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 8 -X Differential Signal 10Vpp

PIN 9 Red RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 10 Green RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 11 Blue RGB Colour Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 12 Intensity Signal 0-5V 8 Bit Analogue (reserved for future use)

PIN 13 Spare Line TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) (reserved for future use)

PIN 14-19 0V Ground

PIN 20 Blanking Signal TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) Reversible

PIN 21 Colour Bit 4 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 22 Colour Bit 3 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 23 Colour Bit 2 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 24 Colour Bit 1 TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink)

PIN 25 Scanners ON / OFF Signal TTL (0V Low, +5V High, 10mA sink) (reserved for future
    use)

Default ilda

blimey not an ilda compatable dac then
    what dac is it then ??
    better change what i said about pin 25 then