Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to use illustrate and 3Ds Max, the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    What DAC? Can you see it in the dropdown list?
    No There is no DAQs in the dropdown list.
    P.S. I use Pangolin DAQ.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Pangolin DAC? Is that an FB3 or a QM? Because an FB3 only works with proprietary Pangolin software. A QM can work with other software including Ild Sôs (I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Pangolin DAC? Is that an FB3 or a QM? Because an FB3 only works with proprietary Pangolin software. A QM can work with other software including Ild Sôs (I believe).
    I am using FB3, unfortunately Thanks for help

that preview mode is not really as preview mode as i ment. you still have to render it all out and u can't edit in realtime.

Anyway while preview mode can help for some adjustements you dont need it at all.
    the program can be encrypted to ur pc like for me.
    linking to controllers doesn't always work flawlessely.

Hello! Is there the same plugin for export from After Effects? Maybe there are other plugins for this program?
    Thank you in advance for your answers!

The Pangolin plugin for 3D Studio Max only works with the QM2000 hardware, which is considered legacy hardware at this point. Pangolin did not release any plugins for After Effects, but they did have an old plug-in for Cinema 4D that also worked with the QM2000 hardware. As far as I'm aware, those are the only two 3rd party modeling programs that Pangolin ever supported, and like I said, it was all for the legacy QM2000 hardware. They stopped development for that system a long time ago.

Moving forward, their current flagship product - Beyond - has it's own 3D modeling engine built-in. Provided that you purchase the top tier version of Beyond, you gain access to all the 3D modeling and animation tools, and just like the old 3D Studio Max plug-in, the Beyond 3D modeler allows you to view the image on your laser projector in real time while you are editing it. I'm pretty sure there are several methods to import models into Beyond from other modeling programs too, but admittedly I haven't used the 3D portion of Beyond much myself so I'm not all that familiar with the process. See Pangolin's website for more info...

Adam

I have and use daily lcmax in beyond on fb4 and they still develop it. It’s my main creation tool actually. It comes a part of beyond ultimate. After effects is mainly a video tool so not sure why you want it for laser.

Hi Marc;

How are you doing this? Do you also have one of your QM's connected at the same time as the FB4?

On the Pangolin website they do not advertise any support for the 3D Studio Max plug-in using FB4 or Beyond. This is to be expected, because the 3D Studio Max plug-in was written using the SDK for LD-2000. (Just like the Winamp Plugin was.) And on the website they do specifically mention that the LD-2000 system (and the QM2000 hardware) is considered legacy equipment now.

Since Pangolin never released an SDK for either the FB3 or the FB4 I can't see how you're running the 3D Studio Max plugin on an FB4... Unless they managed to re-compile that legacy plugin using the SDK for Beyond, maybe.?. But if they did that you'd think they would be advertising that functionality on the website and selling licenses for it. And in any case you'd still need both 3D Studio *and* Beyond running for that, which is not how the QM2000 plugin worked.

Genuinely curious as to how you're doing this dude. Pangolin certainly never mentioned anything about this before, not even at the SELEM presentations.

Adam

PS: Just so we're clear - I know you can IMPORT objects from 3D Studio Max into the Beyond 3D environment and then display them. That's not what the plugin does, though. The plugin I'm talking about allowed you to run just 3D Studio Max and you could still select the laser projector as an output window (like a second preview monitor, only in laser).

It’s a plug-in lcmax in a folder that you install and yes it passes from 3dsmax to beyond then to fb4 to projector. Beyond is required to be running. I like the. Pj idea as I can pass to ilda which lets me use lsx layers layers in beyond are really limited

i used to use Protize too but I like this plugin a lot. I would not go back. However it would really handy if you could manipulate the objects in beyond in 3d. This is really nothing more than 2d images like a video so if you want a change you have to rerender. That’s typical of all rendering plugs....they render