Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thinking there is an addiction going on here

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

@ Norty.... Agreed. That's part of my reason for determining what's going back up for sale. I'm finding there are only a few I use with any regularity. And, even though I'm working on wrapping my head around DMX control, more often than not things are just run sound active. The Eurolight is a more sophisticated controller than the Chauvet obviously and I just started reading the manual and playing with it Friday night. Gonna be a learning curve!

@Steve... I fully appreciate what you're saying. And yes, to this point I've only been playing existing shows and fiddling with Livepro. Part of the reason for buying a second QM is so I can practice with it easier. I keep most of my gear at work and occasionally have the luxury of spare time to work with it. I end up packing everything up and taking it home with good intentions of setting it up and trying to learn more about it but, it's just a hassle to unpack it and set it up again. I spend more time packing and unpacking than actually learning. Either that or it never makes it out of the car. One of the drawbacks to LD2000 is you can't learn the software without a QM. This way I can have a setup at work and a set up at home and just move files back and forth. I might actually be able to use my time to create some frames soon! Don't worry... I hope to spend more time on the "art" side of things this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    No prob....maybe someday they will have the Pangolin brain to laser hat available.
    There is a way to already do this, it's commercially availabl.
    I don't know the exact pricing or name anymore, but I doubt it's cheap.

However control is inaccurate and unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    All this sh*t with "QM2000.net / LD2000 PRO w/ LivePro and Lasershow Converter Max. And a FB3 with LivePro." Lottsa money going on here but WTF.. Where's the real talent at? Are they all just pre-conceived shows that you load, or what.. I wish I could find a program that I could say " load a sheet of light from left to right at 0.1 Hz and then a pattern that looks like a proton orbited by an electron at, say 60 degrees .. I have to do all that manually myself .. or I may be wrong ? .. Where's the beef?
    Talent is something the creator does/make.
    Not it's software.
    But let's not forget that LC-Max opens a new kind of freedom thay would be hard to realise without the use of it (or illustrate)
    talent is how efficient and creative you make use of the resources available for you.
    Don't forget that lc-max and lc-flash is not designed for getting premade shows

it's ment to make use of new tools.
    Lc-max still requires you to take many things into account: angle, lighting complexity, too close, too far and much much more.

It all comes down in making something that looks appealing, holds up to it's promise and performing good, now that's talent for me
    ( typing on phone, so i might forgot parts).

Default Ep4000

Is the ep4000 still for sale I am in Wilmington de as well. My email is mpray1983@yahoo.com

Default thats no addiction

if u have one of these JENOPTIK Lasers you have a problem haha

The RGB laser system consists of a fiber coupled diode laser pump module, a power supply, a diode current supply, a diode plug-in unit with a control subsystem, a cooling unit and a laser head. The complete RGB laser system is shown
    in Fig. 2.
    Fig. 2 RGB Laser System with dimensions of 1140*1150*600 mm3 700 lbs
    The laser head consists of six stages, a diode-pumped oscillator, a diode-pumped amplifier, an optical parametric
    oscillator, a non-linear frequency stage, a delay unit and a modulation unit with acoustooptic modulation, white
    color balancing and fiber coupling (Fig. 3). Modelocked pulses with a full-width-at-half-maximum (FWHM) of 7 ps
    and a wavelength of 1064 nm are amplified to an average output power of 42 W. Subsequently the pulses pass a
    non-linear crystal where part of the light is converted to green light (532 nm). The non-converted IR-power is partly
    used to synchronously pump an OPO and partly used for sum frequency mixing (SFM) with the OPO output at 1535
    nm. The generated red light (628 nm) is either mixed with the non-converted signal radiation to generate blue light
    at a wavelength of 446 nm or transmitted to yield the red output.

Quote Originally Posted by rgb-gas View Post
    if u have one of these JENOPTIK Lasers you have a problem haha

The RGB laser system consists of a fiber coupled diode laser pump module, a power supply, a diode current supply, a diode plug-in unit with a control subsystem, a cooling unit and a laser head. The complete RGB laser system is shown
    in Fig. 2.
    Fig. 2 RGB Laser System with dimensions of 1140*1150*600 mm3 700 lbs
    The laser head consists of six stages, a diode-pumped oscillator, a diode-pumped amplifier, an optical parametric
    oscillator, a non-linear frequency stage, a delay unit and a modulation unit with acoustooptic modulation, white
    color balancing and fiber coupling (Fig. 3). Modelocked pulses with a full-width-at-half-maximum (FWHM) of 7 ps
    and a wavelength of 1064 nm are amplified to an average output power of 42 W. Subsequently the pulses pass a
    non-linear crystal where part of the light is converted to green light (532 nm). The non-converted IR-power is partly
    used to synchronously pump an OPO and partly used for sum frequency mixing (SFM) with the OPO output at 1535
    nm. The generated red light (628 nm) is either mixed with the non-converted signal radiation to generate blue light
    at a wavelength of 446 nm or transmitted to yield the red output.
    ..easy for you to say ..
    ooooo.. 628nm.. mmmmmm.. orangyyy .