Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THANKS TO SPEC!

Default THANKS TO SPEC!

A a new member here, I just wanna take a sec to say thanks to :!: SPEC :!: and the others who make it happen... What a great bunch of Smart guys and gals! Im so glad i found the place....

Happy Lazing--- Carey
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Dont thank me man. This place exists because of users like yourself.

Default SPEC is incapable of receiving a compliment...

Quote Originally Posted by Spec
    Dont thank me man. This place exists because of users like yourself.
    With all due respect to the many fine people here... BULLSHIT SPEC! :lol:

This place exists because *YOU* decided that the laser community needed a better forum. You also decided that from the start that information should not be withheld. (After all, that's what makes lasers so frustrating - no one wants to share their secrets!) You recognized that there was a better way. If you had not taken the steps to set up this forum, and worked hard to keep it going, all the great users wouldn't be here, and all the great information wouldn't be here either...

I grant you that PhotonLexicon has grown into something *really* great, and that is due in *large* part to the many fine people we have here, from all over the world. But none of it would have happend if you hadn't started it all.

Jez dude... Take a bow for crying out loud!

Adam

HERE HERE!

Lets see if we can get the fourn to grow even more.. I have only been here a week or so, but i see that it has a reqular set of visitors.. Lets increase that!

Im not sure if my buddy bill from pangolin is on here, but i will ask him to join.. Hes very informative for sure!

Also some of my old programming buddies would liek this place too i think...
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Toldya he was Bashful... :roll:

But when somethings on his mind...He speaks

Thanks Dude !!!
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Well shit: Thank you all! Heres to another year! Remind me to bring the good scotch to SELEM

Quote Originally Posted by marconi
    Toldya he was Bashful... :roll:

But when somethings on his mine...He speaks

Thanks Dude !!!
    In the same vein:

Steve Roberts posted this *gem* on alt.lasers:

-----
    photolexicon is amateur hour, with few exceptions, for people who cant
    comprehend the FAQ and search for past posts.
    I've looked at it, and its not worth my time.
    ----

I can only theorize what chapped his royal ass... I responded:

-----
    Pardon me if I am wrong: but were you not at one time an "amateur" yourself?

For clarification: I started Photonlexicon.com and reside as its sole Administrator.

Guy, everyone starts somewhere. PL Brings forth many varied people, most of which do not seem to have the attitude problem and actively avoid it.

When I first heard of your post here I was quite confused... Did you get a bad cup of coffee this morning? If so: Ill be glad to send you some Blue mountain courtesy of the users at PL. I wonder why would anyone go out of his way to slam a "resource".

Its not like we "lowly hobbyists" have many outlets: Candlepowerforums is full of "pointer jockeys", other forums are terrible, Laserfx is long dead, lasers.org is dead, and the attitude you displayed above makes this place feel really closed off.

No one will argue that you have been quite a help here at alt.lasers over the years. Nor will they argue that you certainly have enriched the collective pool of knowledge, but this "nose-up snob" attitude of yours could use some 5,9 di-chlor sulfate thrown in it.

Cant comprehend the FAQ: Sorry guy, Knowledge of lasers and optics do not come naturally to most people. If it did for you, congrats. I am the first to point people to the FAQ when there is something I am unable to answer completely or have limited understanding of.

Searh for past posts: The laserfaq is a tome, as is the history of alt.lasers. Ive made many searches in the past that did not quite explain what I wanted to know: Be it "not knowing the right search query" or "not wanting to sit through 30 dry posts of people arguing trivial details about "not so common knowledge"

I started PL as a place where people could readily exchange information they have at their disposal in a non confrontational manner with "peers"

Alt.lasers and the FAQ is wonderful, but they hardly have the feel of a community. Something many of the PL users have pointed out and keep coming back for.

While we are on pointed admissions: Due in part to your previous comment, I have lost a large amount of respect for you. Not that it means anything to you, ehh Steve-o?

I need you to understand something: for every person such as yourself there are 100 people who just find lasers to be amazingly fun and sexy devices. What they lack in "seniority" they make up for in drive, determination, willpower, and personality.

In short: You are entitled to your opinions, however regressive and counter productive they may be.

To the original poster: Yes, I feel this place is thinning out although by looking at the statistics page of PL I can say with relative certainty that the topic is far from dead. A quick glance at the stats page shows me that PL has managed 44,795 *unique* page views and 312,587 overall hits just for March.

To Bob: Thank you man, Posts like that are the exact reason why I keep shelling out cash every month for PL.
    -----

Alt.lasers really has gone downhill...

I saw that post by Steve Roberts. I just finished posting my rebuttal. Saddly, Steve has been an ass from the beginning. I've spoken with a few people that know him, and they all say that he is very intelligent and highly abrasive. I guess his latest post on alt.lasers proves that.

Take heart Spec! We support what you've started here!

Adam

Hi Spec,

I think Steve Roberts could use a high fiber diet, then put on a 50 lb pack and send him on a 10 mile hike.
    What an Ahole.

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLover
    Steve Roberts ...
    What an Ahole.
    Boy, you said it Rick!
    That guy is so narrow minded that his scratch pads are only 1 inch wide!
    Though that other guy Phil Hobbs is just as bad...Anyone that disagrees with his (unresearched) opinion is either a newbie or a troll.

What a tool...

I gave Phil a piece of my mind, for what good it will accomplish.

Adam

Hi Buffo,

Yeah, Phil is a Philistine as well.
    I couldn't be bothered to reply since he would just throw more gasoline on the fire. He's just another Anode retentive Engineer who likes to feel self important.
    I did some Google search on the guy and appears to be an Engineer from Australia who likes to argue a lot. Seems he got some New Zealander so pissed off the person tracked him down to pay him a personal visit.
    If you like playing the devil's advocate just for the sake of a good argument regardless of wether you're informed then it's going to come back and bite you eventually.

Take care
    Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010