Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 watt blue module

Default 1 watt blue module

Hello guys

I have 1 blue module for sale in this very compact design. The size is only 75mm in length , 40mm in width en 45mm in height.

Beamsize 3.8 x 3.8 and 0.65 mrd divergence. Power : 1100mw

Price: 450 euro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1100354.JPG  

P1100347.JPG  

P1090874.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 03-14-2012 at 10:57.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Yes, if anybody is considering purchasing an Edison module,
    I would seriously reconsider, or just ask me about my Edison laser module problems
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    just ask me about my Edison laser module problems
    I think to be fair, the module's you are referring to are from the same GB that I got mine, I think it may be more a problem with the builder and not the Manufacture.

I also bought 2 module's from that GB and I can get 4 watt from the one that I built as blue, I actually run it at 3 watt all the time as It suits my needs, but it will do 4, with plenty of cooling.

I have had many dealing with Johan, sometimes there are communication breakdown as English is not his first language, but he has always helped sort any issues.

Its unfair to hold Johan responsibly when I believe your issue should be with the builder.

Sorry but just my opinion.
    Last edited by tonyaztec; 03-14-2012 at 10:48.
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Thanks Tony i apriciate your honesty. Here is a picture of the module with power readout.

I use an ophirhead that is callibrated from Factory at 1 mv at 1mw so my meter says 1100mv so 1.1 watt blue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1100356.JPG  

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

TonyAztec:

What mirrors are you using for your knife edgeing?
    also, what do you mean, 4 watts ,but with plenty of cooling? , does your setup use tec's for cooling?
    if so, wouldnt your tec driver, just compensate for the higher output?, even with the same amount of cooling (mounting surface) ??

thanks
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

Carlos, I'll chime in here as I have 3 of these modules & from my own experience:

Perfect for red with no modification - temp stable. I use 2 for red - Excellent.

For blue..... cooling is not sufficient for 4W even with TEC. I rebuilt mine with NO TEC & machined the base to fit directly onto my large heatsink baseplate - perfect no more cooling issue & power drop off with temp. The TEC is more trouble & generates more heat than its worth & hinders cooling in my opinion. Mirrors I used are Stanwax blue & O-like lenses.

I know im not the only member to do this and another UK member has found the same & done away with the TEC's & mounted direct to their base on a dual quad 8 diode build with no cooling problems either. I get 3.5W running just over 1.1A & I think they get 6W at similar current. I know from reading your other thread your trying to push more current into the diode to get more power but its just being turned into heat & actually reducing the output.........

Im not sure exactly what mirrors, I think they where supplied from Johan, or Rob (stanwax) , They are 10mm square, 1mm thick.

I knife edge with the power turned just above the point of lasing, place masking tape on the mirrors to help get the best alignment, works well for me. I think the beam at aperture is 5mm x 4mm, tested 4 watt on a coherent power meter, currently running the 4 diodes on a P3 at 3.5 amps if I remember correctly and yes I have them currently set up using a tec as I don't have any heat sink connected to the bottom of my base plate, I have been told by several members that I should place a large heat sink to the baseplate and remove the tec.

Those 445 diodes do get very hot and will lose output if the temperature is not controlled correctly..

Hope you do find a way to get them up to spec, they will do it if set up correctly.

Tony
    Squat that bug,

Dilbert:

Thank You for confirming this!!!

The tec cooling design , is completely incapable of cooling this quad module,
    i also did away with the tec's. And installed an aluminum shim plate.

Problem #2 , is that the Laserwave Dichro's , that are supplied with this kit, are VERY innefficient at the 445nm wavelength,
    so im also getting a major loss, after the dichro's.

basically, what im saying is : this kit was improperly developed , from the inefficient laserwave dichro's used, to the poor design of the Tec cooling, and also, the brass diode holder retains alot heat, and the diodes are not pressed into the block, rather, they are held in place, with the PC board, they are soldered into.

Edison: getting a good power meter is a good first step,
    NOW, you should go get a good K-Type , heat sensor, and meter.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

I Missed Dilbert's post as I was putting the little one to bed, but basically saying the same.

I give you a fiver for them, them rebuild them.................
    Squat that bug,

TonyAztec:

maybe you are using different Dichro's than i am, mine are 10mm square , but 1.6mm thick (Laserwave)...
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter