Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: austrailian related ild frames needed please

Just to let you know Chris, if you follow my suggestion above, I tried building a world map and having the plane fly from Aus to the UK. Whereas I could do it, I could never get the fps above 11fps no matter how much I simplified the map, and I did get it very simple, it was just too much.

So my suggestion for replacement of this section would be to have the Aus map large (a simple outline not state if necessary to keep the points down) with the 747 facing towards you and static on it then an end frame of the Aus map small with the same 747 (position and size wise - use cut and paste both times) on it then click to animate in between so it appears that Aus is getting smaller and the plane is leaving it behind. At the other end I'd do the same with a copy of the Uk but have it small to start with and large at the finish and also flip the plane around (take a single frame for each from the QS cue 747 spin - you can rotate it in all directions) so that you had a tail view. This would make it appear as though the plane was flying towards the UK.

You could signal arrival by flipping on to a scan of a London landmark such as Tower Bridge or the Tower of London before going over to a driving animation to represent the journey to your house.

This wasn't the video I had in mind, but it does show you them telling a story using scrim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sp4dMa6yGQ

Al.
    Last edited by White-Light; 03-14-2011 at 01:05.

Tower Bridge for the UK end if you decide to tell a story:

Tower Bridge.zip