Thread: Once again a Request for Prayer

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Once again a Request for Prayer

I don't know what it is about the PL "Prayer Group", but when I ask, you wonderful people deliver.

My Mom is facing a bout of severe mental illness, to the point of self destruction, and trying to destroy the family, in the process She is refusing help, paranoid, and refusing to admit the existence of the God she grew up loving, so please pray that she will accept the guidance of others and listen to her doctor.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 03-13-2011 at 16:18.

I'm not normally the praying type (only when chased by nuns with rulers) but my best thoughts and wishes goes out to her.

Hi Steve,
    My thoughts are with you, your Mum and your family.

I've been supporting one of my friends with mental illness for a few years and I understand how tough it can we when its someone you care about dearly.

When my friends perception of reality has been distorted,I've found some success in being gentle and understanding but firm and not accepting delusional paranoid reality.

Also try and find simple things that were true for your Mum before that are still true for her now and reminder her.

I call them reality anchors and I've used them as handrails to guide myself and others when they or myself have been in a state.

Hang in there Steve.

Sending you all some calm vibes

Kit