Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hazers

Default Hazers

It seems that a good atmosphere for shows will often benefit from a hazer. Looking into several sources these units unlike foggers seem a little pricey. What is the underlying mechanism? If we obtain standard haze liquid could some of us who are inclined to construct projectors assemble a reasonable hazer at lower cost or with better performance than a turn key unit?

If this helps, I am using a smoke machine with Base Haze fluid. I modified my smokey with a timer remote that provides short regular bursts. Running Hazer fluid produces an excellent result.
    This space for rent.

Unique fluid? CLS does a cheap substitute..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    What is the underlying mechanism?
    If you are talking water based hazers, basically it is a pump, heating element and fan. I think it is easier / cheaper to just buy one.

There are a ton of inexpensive water based hazers out there. Or, spend the money now and buy something like a Unique 2 hazer.

The cheap ones tend to plug up the coil in the heating element. I have a little trick that so far has kept my elcheapo hazer from plugging a second time.

But if you want something that kicks ass and takes no prisoners, look at something like the Look Solutions Unique 2.1. I love my Unique!

if you want to build a cheap hazer then all you need to do is get some haze fluid(or restaurant grade mineral oil) and a compressor

all you have to do is get a heavy stream of air to make bubbles in the fluid and you haze a room in 1 m or less

all i did was plug off the end of the hose i submerged in the oil and made a small pin hole to make a high pressure stream

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    if you want to build a cheap hazer then all you need to do is get some haze fluid(or restaurant grade mineral oil) and a compressor

all you have to do is get a heavy stream of air to make bubbles in the fluid and you haze a room in 1 m or less

all i did was plug off the end of the hose i submerged in the oil and made a small pin hole to make a high pressure stream
    Mineral Oil???????? No!!!

Glycerin and Distilled Water.
    This space for rent.

yes hazers use mineral oil (at least real hazers/oil crackers)

Be careful to use the right oil though as haze oil is a medical / food grade product and not the same as lubrication oil used eg in cars which would probably be carcinogenic.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Be careful to use the right oil though as haze oil is a medical / food grade product and not the same as lubrication oil used eg in cars which would probably be carcinogenic.
    Mineral oil is also a laxative.....