Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Summer shows....

Default Speaking of Summer shows....

Heres the Mascotts for the summer show im working on for the drivein this summer.. they will be Lightly animated, with movement and expressions, and will have dialog to interact with the Drive in patrons.. they are part of a 70min entertainment Preshow that happens each night before the movie...

I may make parts of the show avaliable to guys here if your interested!

Take care

http://www.oceansoundproductions.com...izzad1test.jpg
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Default Other Lasershow Images

Heres some more stuff i have done in the past, juts in case anyone is interested.....

Graphic artist i work with is names Willie Castro. He is an amazing artist/animator...
    www.laser-ad.com

Wow! Great stuff Carey!
    Wish I lived closer... It would be cool to check out the drive in where you display this stuff.

Which editor did you use to put the animations together? (Anarchy?)

Adam

No, I use Showtime from Pangolin, i dont have the full version of anarchy so i canonly do one fram ata time in it.. I use anarchy mainly for text to ilda conversion.. Showtime and Lasershow designer allow for all the fancy movement and abstract creation, although most of the abstracts you see in my pics i did with an Analog conrtol surface we built specifically for patching such images together... Glad you liekd them!
    www.laser-ad.com

Wow Carey ,... Those abstracts are awesome...

I really like the Floyd one... Shows my age
    Do you still have any of these shows in your arsenal?

Looked at your site and that too is a great accomplishment..

I like your studio...looks like things can get accomplished and comfy at the same time !!!

My day job is a TV engineer ,.. last 10 years Ive been taking care of the transmitter site.. previous 5 years at the studio..
    so I can appreciate the work it took to get there.

The movie theater is a GREAT idea BTW

Good job
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

When you say analog control surface, what exactly are you talking about? I'm assuming a number of different signal generators whose phase, amplitude, and frequency can be controlled, but beyond that...?

Well, singnal generators for sure, sin, square, triangle, noise , attack and release modules, rotators, delay modules, sequencers. I could patch these together using math fromulas (xaxis x y axis =z axis) to create abstract imagery .

Lots of fun, and totaly hands on , so things moved very realistically...

Thanks Marconi, Floyd ws a lot of fun. I dont have it in my arsenal, as i did the show while working for avi .. but will be recreating a similar show in the future!!

Love the Floyd....

Thanks for the Kudos....
    www.laser-ad.com

cool stuff

But was it a 70min show from a Laser on the drive-in screen ?

Or is it a AVI movie that is showd at the drive-in screen from a movie-projector ?

LOL, whats a movie projector??
    HAHAH Yes, it was laser.. Thats what the 300mw laser was for...

The show breakdown went like this...

70min before the movie, I start the lasershow.. for the first 3 mins, i get test points being projected so i can make sure everything is aligned ok...and that the laser is running..The music starts.. The music is a simulated radio show being transmitted via FM Stereo to peoples cars. The music and talking and ads areall related to the drivein and its advertisers...

For the first 30 mins, it is a totally audio experience for the patrons...They come very slowly to the show, some not arriving till 15 mins before showtime...

It is getting darker outside..

we are now 40 mins before show time and we see the first laser stuff. It is animated ads to the commercials that they hear on the radio, sync'ed to it. also i then start the subliminal "BUY POPCORN" "ICE COLD PEPSI" "CRISPY FRENCFRIES" Images and writing onthe screen...LOL all about selling

this goes on for 15 mins or so... during thsi time we will see quick little appearences from out 2 new mascotts...Just little teassers...

25 mis before showtime, the screen heats up! We are welcomed to the show by our mascotts, we watch more ads, we are treated to some animated and abstract programmed songs that they are rerign and we are bombarding them with buy popcorn ads ect....
    the last 10 mins, i start to do beam bounces off mirrors back toward the audience so they get to see the beam..( its all screen up to this point) as well as have screen action.... Fool the eye into thinking i have 10 lasers! LOL

The entertainment songs go right to showtime and we start the movie, thanking everyone for coming and see you next time ect...

This happens fri sat and sun night, every week for 12 weeks during the summer... Every week is a different show, ( same animated songs, ads ect, Different music for the bulk)

Whew...I need more time...LOL ( and more power is always nice!)
    Im hoping to add the red this yr....99.9% sure i will....

So this is what happens... I have allthe shows on CD, and just put it int he computer, start pangolin, load the show, and hit run! It has not failed on time . Dont expect it will either!
    www.laser-ad.com

aah sweet 8)

I did just missunderstand something you did write about AVI !!

Well.. is this show ILD files ?
    Maybe more than one ILD files :roll: :roll: :roll:

If you got some of them to share let me know