Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

||||Matches the aspect and divergence ratios very nicely, as gives a square a beam as one could possibly hope for.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    ||||Matches the aspect and divergence ratios very nicely, as gives a square a beam as one could possibly hope for.
    I've been trying for :

::

And I must admit it's been doing my head in - something is always out..

So much so I've stipped one of the screws on the mount (the pull one), but then it couldnt be any worse than stripping the thread on the lense holder and having to build a new one from scratch.. (done that too)

The joys of Lasers!

N.

Crikey Nige!Whacha doin to em!!? :eek. All good fun though...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Agreed. But the reason I'm scratching my head is because is it truly a 4 watt laser when it comes to beam brightness? Yes, the LPM will display 4 watts but the beam is essentially 4 one watts.
    I built a 2 watt laser using a PBS and a + profile. The core is brighter than the rest of the beam. So even it one knife edges 8 beams together, the brightness of the beam is still that of a one watt because the 8 beams are not superimposed....

I'm probably way off in my assumptions?
    Last edited by blrock; 06-30-2011 at 06:04. Reason: typo

There is essentially no difference in power or visual brightness between a 4W single beam laser with a 4mm x 4mm beam and 4 x 1W lasers each with 1mm x 4mm beams stacked close together. The energy concentration per sq. mm is the same. The nice thing about the |||| stack is that the c@$!0 445nm diodes tend to result in a 1mm x 4mm line so you can get 4 beams into a square shape. Otherwise you can expand the slow axis of 1 diode to make it 4mm x 4mm using correction optics, but it does not have the same energy concentration as stacking 4 in the same space.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    There is essentially no difference in power or visual brightness between a 4W single beam laser with a 4mm x 4mm beam and 4 x 1W lasers each with 1mm x 4mm beams stacked close together. The energy concentration per sq. mm is the same. The nice thing about the |||| stack is that the c@$!0 445nm diodes tend to result in a 1mm x 4mm line so you can get 4 beams into a square shape. Otherwise you can expand the slow axis of 1 diode to make it 4mm x 4mm using correction optics, but it does not have the same energy concentration as stacking 4 in the same space.
    So let me get that straight then, what you say is it doesn't matter if i use 4 x 1Watt it will be the same brightness as a 1 x 1Watt. How about if i concentrate the 4x1Watt in the far field will i have more brightness then, because if that is the case why do i need dual and quad then... Just not clear on that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    So let me get that straight then, what you say is it doesn't matter if i use 4 x 1Watt it will be the same brightness as a 1 x 1Watt. How about if i concentrate the 4x1Watt in the far field will i have more brightness then, because if that is the case why do i need dual and quad then... Just not clear on that right now.
    http://www.laser-man.co.uk/projects/...ode-array.html
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

WOW indeed a very nice project and build. Congratulations. Still the question is open in terms of brightness will their be a change, from my guess it will or people wouldn't do quad, six, eight diode arrays .

Because people need more red and so did i , i developed the kit so stacking is easy for people that have less stacking skills. I only have 3 left and that,s it. I won,t make another batch because my lasercases (6 of them) are ready to be picked up from the metalshop. So i will start wiith building projectors. 2 of them will be 4 watt blue,s and 1 is for Rizard. I,m waiting for the screws to come in but it takes quite allot of time. I will contact the supplier where the hell they are. Its really anoys me I also have an RB module coming soon and the 4 watt blue,s....

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    So let me get that straight then, what you say is it doesn't matter if i use 4 x 1Watt it will be the same brightness as a 1 x 1Watt..
    What was said by taggalucci was somewhat different to your text above.

He said a 4 x 1Watt beam is the same as 1 x 4watt beam with the same beam size !

NOT 1 x 1Watt

With a quad you will have four times the brightness of the same (4mmx4mm) sized 1watt beam

Cheers