Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Quad Laser Module Kit by Edison (USA Version)

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Crikey Nige!Whacha doin to em!!? :eek. All good fun though...
    Do believe I was so excited I rushed ahead without thinking or setting aside some time.

Stripped the thread on the lens holder by not removing the mirror mount whilst at the same time being bugged by a 2 and a 1/2 yr old to get her a "drinkawater".

I'm getting there tho, it's all a learning curve and good fun - probably the most worrying thing is the state of my "lab" (Actually a bedroom with desks in it) there is not much space on either desk because I have various laser componants strewen across the room, and it get's worse.. I just bought more from Ebay.

I think I need to go to rehab, but I say no no no.

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser;
    So let me get that straight then, what you say is it doesn't matter if i use 4 x 1Watt it will be the same brightness as a 1 x 1Watt..
    No, only a quarter of the 4 x 1W would be a similar brightness to 1 x 1W!
    Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    He said a 4 x 1Watt beam is the same as 1 x 4watt beam with the same beam size !
    Yeah, more or less.

Interestingly, I believe that if it were achievable, a 1W beam in a 2mm x 1mm would be perceivably brighter than a 4mm x 1mm because the energy concentration per square mm would be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    With a quad you will have four times the brightness of the same (4mmx4mm) sized 1watt beam
    Have a look at this picture of my RGB and Dave's RGB. He has 3 x 1W knife-edged ||| and I have about 1W single. You can see the intensity difference clearly.

Last edited by taggalucci; 07-01-2011 at 16:10. Reason: Corrected for lost iPhone capability GRRRRR!

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Have a look at this picture of my RGB and Dave's RGB. He has 3 x 1W knife-edged ||| and I have about 1W single. You can see the intensity difference clearly. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...8&d=1309070763
    A picture speaks a thousand words. Thank you. That really clears things up

Quote Originally Posted by blrock View Post
    A picture speaks a thousand words. Thank you. That really clears things up
    No wucking forries mate Glad to be of assistance. Having Dave's spanking 3W 445nm shitting all over my sub-1W blue combo was educational. I think I'll be bumping up the FlexMod's power to get the full 1W of 445nm + the 300-450mW of 473nm to feel a bit better

don't start a "my laser is bigger than yours" with dave mate. it'll probably end up in tears (but sure you know this better than me)

I have been tempted many times to build a quad 445, but then i think "whot the fook you'll do with it then?" and i back off.
    i can build one, but this doesn't mean i need one. and i don't want to set my curtains on fire (assuming that i'll have curtains some time in the future)
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    don't start a "my laser is bigger than yours" with dave mate. it'll probably end up in tears (but sure you know this better than me)I have been tempted many times to build a quad 445, but then i think "whot the fook you'll do with it then?" and i back off.i can build one, but this doesn't mean i need one. and i don't want to set my curtains on fire (assuming that i'll have curtains some time in the future)
    Ha ha! You're right, tho a bit of healthy competition never hurt anyone! Not that I feel I'm in competition. Dave and Adrian have a good thing going and I have a lot of respect for their work.

I had the luxury of starting my laser "career" with a 4W Argon, so every laser since is just dying to live up to that! I ran club nights in London and have a crew ready to launch a new night on the Melbourne scene. A few "big" lasers won't hurt
    Last edited by taggalucci; 07-01-2011 at 16:05. Reason: Added missing newlines GRRRRR!

What's the ETA on these for those of us in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    What's the ETA on these for those of us in the US?
    Hey Robin,
    Edison says they will be shipping soon. I believe he is waiting on some hardware to come in. Sorry for the delay.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Yes i ordered the remaining screws on at boltmeup at ebay. The last time was excellent service so i ordered from them again. This time they are quite delayed so i contact them yesterday again. Sorry for the delay.

got any left? im in for 1!