Thread: Advices needed guys !!! Laser newbie here.

Default Advices needed guys !!! Laser newbie here.

Hi all from photonlexicon i've read and researched a bit on lasers and what they can do and am totally into it. i'm actually more of a visuals kindda person so i wanna know what i can start with, i know many of u guys here actually built ur own projectors which i'm really impressed but i dont think i can do any of these. but nevertheless i wanna be able to do a laser show. and i come from Singapore and i dont think there is a laser community for me to check anything out =(

i wanna be able to create graphics, say in after effects or 3dsmax, and have them exported out in frames and import it into say a program that can control the lasers. and play it live...sorta like VJ-ing. so i need advise on the various softwares and later hardware on what is best.

Here are the softwares that i came across

Pagolin FB3 QS
    Pagolin LivePro
    Mamba Black
    Mamba 2.0
    Phoenix 3.0 pro / live

and i'm not really sure like whats the diff between fb3 qs and livepro does it mean i cant play live or trigger clips or cues as and when i want ?

so for me i wanna get the software n the box that connects to the projector n probably rent a laser projector to test it out or get a budget single colored one.

PLS HELP !

Quote Originally Posted by flx View Post

Here are the softwares that i came across

Pagolin FB3 QS
    Pagolin LivePro
    Mamba Black
    Mamba 2.0
    Phoenix 3.0 pro / live

and i'm not really sure like whats the diff between fb3 qs and livepro does it mean i cant play live or trigger clips or cues as and when i want ?
    For someone just starting, you can't go wrong with FB3 and Quickshow. It does everything you want to do including graphics and beams to music. There is not much of a learning curve. It took me about 1 hour to get QS to do everything I wanted.

LivePro is powerful yes. However it does have a huge learning curve, and you will need a FB3 or QM2000 dac plus and additional $500 more to get LivePro.

I have both QS and LivePro, and 99% of the time I use QS for gigs.

My advice: start with a FB3 and Quickshow and plan to upgrade to LivePro or LD2000 someday.

For animations, you probably can achieve everything you want to using Quickshow - I see LivePro as more of a beam show ad-hoc controller (although of course it can do animations, just I don't see that it does it better than QS, and QS images look nicer... )
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thanks! i guess i'll need to find a dealer soon ! for the FB3 QS. Btw, say i hav an APC 40 and i wanna use that to control the lasers/ show is it possible ? does FB3 QS has sorta like a midi-learn function thing ? in my country i think there are only 3 companies that does lasers, and there are no one doing it as a hobby. sad to say and licenses are needed for someone who owns a laser class 3 and above and another license for a person who operates it... =(

oh sorry guys, btw...this is wad i was wondering if its possible. eg. say i have a physical red cube, and i want the laser to draw a line cube on the cube itself. is it possible ?? and i want it to transit infront or move infront of the cube at distance 2...and back to distance 3, where the actual cube is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laser_ques.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flx View Post
    oh sorry guys, btw...this is wad i was wondering if its possible. eg. say i have a physical red cube, and i want the laser to draw a line cube on the cube itself. is it possible ?? and i want it to transit infront or move infront of the cube at distance 2...and back to distance 3, where the actual cube is.
    Probably possible, but that would take a LOT of work setting up and aligning it just exactly right.

Lightbulb

You could probably do it with a few scrims, or with a movable one.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin