Thread: Quickshow and material on Pangolin's Show-Space question, cues diff from video

Default Quickshow and material on Pangolin's Show-Space question, cues diff from video

Hi, as quickshow user i am able to watch for example the 5fm video file on pangolin's show-space site in the section beam shows. It is also possible to download the show (without music, just het .lds and .shs file). But, when i import the .lds file into quickshow it doesn't show the same as in the video. The .shs file i cannot open with quickshow so is it not suited for quickshow?

Michel

The 5fm show is a show that's intended for use with Showtime on a QM2000 system. I don't expect you'll have much luck trying to get it to work with QS.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by michelrietveld View Post
    Hi, as quickshow user i am able to watch for example the 5fm video file on pangolin's show-space site in the section beam shows. It is also possible to download the show (without music, just het .lds and .shs file). But, when i import the .lds file into quickshow it doesn't show the same as in the video. The .shs file i cannot open with quickshow so is it not suited for quickshow?

Michel
    As far as i know you can't convert it to QS :-(

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

The comment on the file (viewable before you download it) does says "5FM - BEAM SHOW for LD2000 -- Length : 7:25"

just hoped to see more of it because i could import the file into a cue, apperently not compatible.

You can watch the video, just not run the show in QS.

I'm afraid the price point of QS doesn't support the thousands of dollars of free shows that are given away with the full professional software such as LD.

You could however, always make your own shows and then share them.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    You can watch the video, just not run the show in QS.

I'm afraid the price point of QS doesn't support the thousands of dollars of free shows that are given away with the full professional software such as LD.

You could however, always make your own shows and then share them.
    So the shows are worth thousands of dollars on the showspace??? ok, just leave the shows and give me LD for free then

You misunderstood.

The shows that are given away for LD2000, Bill has said before are often professionally constructed shows bought in and licensed by Pangolin at great expense from big names within the industry, often at thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars per licensed show.

Most of the Show Space stuff is user created and its that's essentially free, but it still needs to have been made for QS to run on QS as QS does not support the importation of LD shows for the reason given above.

Whether or not the stuff uploaded for LD 2000 by user Pangolin are licensed extra shows or shows user created by Pangolin, I don't know, but that might be one reason why those shows are for LD only.

yes i will create my own shows, first started to build my show library with the material availlable. Had some difficulties with quick timeline, will start to work with it again, just thought that i had a quick way of building some sort of library with shows, sadly there are limited fb3 quickshow files availlable and ld2000 is a luxury i cannot afford yet.
    perhaps bill will demo beyond on prolight, realy curruious about it's capabilities.

Michel

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    You misunderstood.

The shows that are given away for LD2000, Bill has said before are often professionally constructed shows bought in and licensed by Pangolin at great expense from big names within the industry, often at thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars per licensed show.

Most of the Show Space stuff is user created and its that's essentially free, but it still needs to have been made for QS to run on QS as QS does not support the importation of LD shows for the reason given above.

Whether or not the stuff uploaded for LD 2000 by user Pangolin are licensed extra shows or shows user created by Pangolin, I don't know, but that might be one reason why those shows are for LD only.
    As far as I know the shows under the name pangolin are indeed extra licensed.
    They are likely made in LD2000 too.