Thread: Breadboard?

Default Breadboard?

I've been looking for something like breadboards but not those high precision optical mounts. More like 10mm of aluminium with threaded holes.

Does anyone know where you could get hold of these in smaller pieces about 40x15 cm?
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

i did make them myself

Did use a 90degree alu-steel 10x10cm (used at alu-boats usually as frames)

Then i did cut them up in 5cm pc each, and drilled holes in them

It`s rock solid, and the price is like 1$ for 10pc

Hey do you have pics of them?

Stuff like this?

WOW, those are Beautiful!
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Thats some nice work but not what I had in mind.

Have a look at OPT 30 and OPT 110 in this pdf:
    http://www.medialas.de/brochures/optomechanics.pdf

But at about €400 for the OPT 30 and over €500 for the OPT 110 its a bit to expensive for me. I'm trying to find cheaper alternatives.

I wish I still where a student in my old school. We had some nice CNC mills that would be prefect for a job like this.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by LASER-AD
    WOW, those are Beautiful!
    I technically have and endless supply of them, got a local machinist here to make them for about $12 a piece, they drop a couple bucks each if I order a lot of them.

4x2x4 (LWH) .25in al, 6061 i believe. 3 inch slot cut, each leg. slot is .325 wide so i get a penny or two of slack there also when using 1/4x20 nylon bolts.

Groover:

Breadboard minus the dampening junk, easy enough.

You could find a local machinist willing to do it for almost nothing if you just ask for holes drilled in a plate instead of tapping it. Sadly though: that size "blank" is going to be pricey.

When i first started out I got some qoutes for 1x1foot tapped pieces and a single 4x4 piece. The single 4x4 cost about the same as 30 of the 1x1 units.

With the 1x1's I was going to make brackets to connect them so I would be able to make larger tables in the style of "Lego"

Might be something to look into... Im not going to say that I dont like medialas, but I can assure you after looking at the microamps I paid $600 for they *ARE NOT* going broke. Still feel a bent over on that *deal*

http://photonlexicon.com/gallery/pfc/DSC00475?full=1

I found this if anyone in the states are intrested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ThorLabs-12-x-12...QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping to Europe is as expencive as the breadboard it self. Still, alot better than medialas alternative.

You know, at that price it would almost be worth it to purchase the bare aluminum plate and drill and tap the holes yourself. All you'd need is a small drill press. (Or even a magnet-drill.)

The bid on that plate is at $125 right now. When you add $20 shipping, that's $145 for a 1 square foot plate. I'd need something like 4 to 6 square feet to lay out all the stuff I'd like to.... That's going to be expensive! Guess I'll stick to wood for now.