Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiny projector build

Absolutely beautiful work. VERY nice job on layout and integration.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Hi Jolie,

One of the most important factors for us is analogue modulation so we can create lots of different colour shades when mixing with red and blue.

How can we modulate these 12mm diameter modules, for example a 200mW unit at 10kHz? The driver board pictured seems suitable for battery only, not for laser show with analogue modulation. I can only see power wires, no modulation wires.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Yes, the module as the last picture suitbable for battery. But we can provide the modules with analogue modulation. The operation mode for our green laser as follow is analogue modulation.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	24561http://www.lasever.com/producttitle.asp?id=1397
    Professional manufacuter for high quality diode-pumped solid-stated laser. www.lasever.com,

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie View Post
    Hi Tony,

Yes, the module as the last picture suitbable for battery. But we can provide the modules with analogue modulation. The operation mode for our green laser as follow is analogue modulation.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	24561http://www.lasever.com/producttitle.asp?id=1397
    Thanks Jolie, but...

I think many of us want to use the battery-sized 12mm diameter module with analogue modulation, not the typical modules you show in that picture. These are not compact enough. Can you explain what options we have for modulating these smaller 12mm modules?

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Thanks Jolie, but...

I think many of us want to use the battery-sized 12mm diameter module with analogue modulation, not the typical modules you show in that picture. These are not compact enough. Can you explain what options we have for modulating these smaller 12mm modules?
    I expect she is pointing you to the OEM lab modules because they have TEC's for stability and will hopefully modulate better than a standalone OEM green 'pointer' style core. As J4 did with his module, replacing the driver with a different one would probably be cheapest option.

I am sure that they could use the driver from one of the lab style green, but then the TEC outputs would be unused. If that was the case it would give you the option of using those ouputs later if documentation was provided. I expect that voiding your warranty and soldering on a flexmod, die-for-drive, or soon to be stevemod driver is the analog modulation method.

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

You could try one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/200mW-532nm-DIY-...item336699315b

Seem to be inexpensive enough. I'm curious how they hold up against the CNI baby OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    You could try one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/200mW-532nm-DIY-...item336699315b

Seem to be inexpensive enough. I'm curious how they hold up against the CNI baby OEM.
    I really doubt that that produces 200mW of green with 450mA into the pump diode. There also appears to be no IR filter.

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    I really doubt that that produces 200mW of green with 450mA into the pump diode. There also appears to be no IR filter.
    I agree, I ran into this with a little green of my own.

Jolie:
    I still have some questions. I think you could sell some of these here if we know more about them. The people in this thread don't mind machining and doing our own electronics work. We also are looking for small modules. We know about the bigger lab modules with separate power supplies but we are looking for compactness.

Here are the questions.

1. How much money for 200mw after IR filter, 400mw after IR filter. Without Driver board. We will supply our own driver.
    2. Is the module isolated from Diode + and - or is it connected to one of them.
    3. What is the ideal temperature of the module? What temperature do you test it at?
    4. Do you have a graph / chart of the mw output versus temperature? (at a set current)
    5. Do you have a graph / chart of current versus mw output? (at a set temp)
    6. What are the exact dimensions? Diameter - Length.
    7. What are the dimensions of the collimator / Ir filter end cap. Diameter, thickness, thread specifications, Ideal distance from DPSS module, hole size and distance for spanner wrench.
    8. What are the specifications of the collimator lens? OD, focal length. Can we get the lens and IR filter unmounted. (maybe we can tweak the lensing a little to get them to match the reds and blues better)
    9. What is the threshold current. (at a given temperature)

That is all I can think of right now.

Thank, You.

chad
    Last edited by chad; 04-25-2011 at 14:04.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Jolie:

I and others still would like some information on these modules. As a company making lasers none of these questions should be difficult to answer. I am just a laser hobbyist however I have the capability of preforming all of these tests I cannot believe that as a manufacturer of lasers you can not supply this information. Nothing I asked for is property or should be a secret.

Thanks,
    chad

p.s. J4 sorry for the thread jack and your little laser looks great!

Laser-wave is selling similar modules with analog modulation driver included:

http://www.laser-wave.com/en/2009/0121/article_31.html

That may be the way to go if Jolie cannot give us any data?

Though I'm still liking j4's one-for-all driver... Saves a lot of space.

I'll need two of these small 150-200mW modules in the near future for a pair of satellite (micro) projectors... Maybe someone could arrange a group buy?

/Thomas

Good find! If it came from Bridge and laser-wave I would be more inclined to believe the specs.

I still would like to see the modulation power graph.

chad