Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NWLEM - Portland, Oregon - June 10th-12th, 2011

Default NWLEM - Portland, Oregon - June 10th-12th, 2011

JUNE 10th-12th, 2011

[Venue has been confirmed.]
    There is a 49-person limit due to the fact this is a private event, but this should be fine for us.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-28-25_220.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	24788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-29-18_23.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	24789Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-29-01_7.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	24790Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-04-23_18-32-43_983.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	24791
    General Info:
    The venue is a club called "The Spot". Widmer Brewing's Public House is right across the street which makes it a very good option for dinner on Friday although there are endless options with downtown Portland just minutes away. The venue is easy to secure so we have the option to leave some gear there overnight without worrying.

3-phase/water is available and the venue also has a loft area we can use for *something*. Not sure what, but it's there in addition to the main area which is basically an "L"-shape.

PAYMENT INFORMATION:
    $40 gets you admission to all three days (June 10th-12th) and an official NWLEM 2011 Flashlight, if you paid by May 31st. As capacity is limited, guests are asked to pay $20. Please use jonathanrehm (at) gmail (dot) com for PayPal. Other forms of payment are welcome and can be arranged via PM. Left over proceeds will be donated to PhotonLexicon.

2401 N Harding St, Portland OR 97227
    (Next to I-405 Fremont Bridge across from downtown Portland, Oregon)
    LINK TO DIRECTIONS

DEMOS / TUTORIALS:
    - New Pangolin Laser Safety Device Demo
    - Scanner Tuning Tutorial by 300EVIL
    - more TBA

=Guest List=

Attending:
    300EVIL paid
    CDHDC paid
    csshih paid
    blowfly paid
    daguin paid
    Expo86 paid
    Flaminpyro paid
    jamesx1234 +1 guest paid
    laserbiker +1 guest paid
    platinum paid
    Robin + 1 guest paid
    sugeek paid
    swamidog paid

Maybe Attending:
    GooeyGus
    slicklasers + 1 guest

Did I miss anyone? PM me.

Last edited by platinum; 06-08-2011 at 13:56.

I voted the 18th but the 11th would work better now that I already voted... A few days of driving for me!

-Adam

I now submit my t-shirt design:
    Last edited by sugeek; 05-21-2011 at 15:42. Reason: to say the 11th is better
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

The 11th would work fine for me. I'll wait a little longer to make sure 10 people don't prefer the 4th, then I'll refocus on other details.

- Jonathan

My last final exam is on the morning of the 9th. I could make it for the weekend of the 11th, (but you will have to buy me a birthday present )

Peace,
    dave

If it's on the 11th, myself plus 1 CuBr will be in attendance.

3-phase and water is available if needed.

I spoke with the venue and they tell me the weekend of the 11th is good. If something of the 'unforeseen' variety occurs between now and that weekend, we have a backup venue close-by that also has 3-phase/water.

I figure I'll lock this in here today or tomorrow unless there is an objection to June 10th-12th.

I should note that each venue has a maximum capacity of 50 people due to fire-code. Otherwise, an event-permit would be needed. I might be able to get around this, but even at SELEM, we barely had 50 people in attendance, so I don't think this will be an issue. If it looks like we'll be surpassing the 50-person mark, we'll have to all pitch in to cover the cost which would be minimal, considering that the venue is close to free.

- Jonathan

I voted the 11th,but whatever day is chosen,Im there.
    I *hopefully* will have a coherent purelight star as well as a couple aircooled argons.
    If anybody needs a crash pad for an overnight stop north bound or southbound,Im a couple miles off of I-5 in Sacramento.
    Last edited by Vidal Wolf; 03-28-2011 at 19:10. Reason: call it ---->PortLEM!!!!<----
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    I voted the 11th,but whatever day is chosen,Im there.
    I *hopefully* will have a coherent purelight star as well as a couple aircooled argons.
    If anybody needs a crash pad for an overnight stop north bound or southbound,Im a couple miles off of I-5 in Sacramento.

Maybe I can drop off a HeCd and some PSU's on the way

Peace,
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by daguin View Post
    My last final exam is on the morning of the 9th. I could make it for the weekend of the 11th, (but you will have to buy me a birthday present )
    Done!

Also, top post updated.

Also, anybody have any ideas for a logo? I'm drawing a blank so far.

-Jonathan

Default Re: NWLEM - Portland, Oregon - June 11th, 2011

Sweet! The weekend should work for me, I'll double check. Thanks for organizing this Jonathan!

Mike