Thread: Att Cleveland Ohio Laserists.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Att Cleveland Ohio Laserists.

The Lord My God (and some other folks) hath said I shall dumpstereth.

The huge big red dumpster is out behind the house, and dig you may, as I fill it tonight and part of tomorrow.

I just tossed two 100 Khz spectrum analysers, lexel ignitors, castor wheels, power resistors etc. two repairable solid state scopes, one storage scope etc. yes, there is even a 85 laser head in there. rumor has it a sine-cos potentiometer went in, too.

You name it, its GOING.

Rules,

What you have seen in dumpster stays in dumpster unless it goes home with you.

No cutting things apart. If you want it, take the &^%$ whole assembly.

You get hurt, its on you. We have no money for YOUR medical bills and accept no liabilty. You are scavenging trash.

Do not do anything stupid, come and drink or smoke.

Bring safety goggles etc.

If you show up at 4 Am, call ahead, Mom likes baseball bats and I own firearms.

I just tossed 3/4ths of a lexel power supply and laser physics housings.

I'll keep any chems and pesticides out till last!

I want SPACE, the ability to park my car in my own garage. Its going folks, but no promises for suitability etc.

I'll supply several hundred watts of light. The neighbors do like to sleep. You will wake their chickens, so plan ahead, ie bring a turkey cooker and propane (just kidding, she treats those chickens and the local woodchucks as pets and feeds them)

Steve

Default Re: Att Cleveland Ohio Laserists.

Getting in the car right now....

Wish I could be there, dumpster diving brings back fond memories.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post

I'll supply several hundred watts of light.
    Coherent light???

When I was about 10yrs old, I lived near a large apartment complex (its trash was piled in one area once a week), and I loved to dig for treasure, wagging anything electronic back to the house (and let's not forget the occaisional Playboy and Hustler magazines that I hid in the woods). Mom was always afraid that I would bring roaches into the house...

I had a beer can collection, too- it was a popular thing back then.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    When I was about 10yrs old, I lived near a large apartment complex (its trash was piled in one area once a week), and I loved to dig for treasure, wagging anything electronic back to the house (and let's not forget the occaisional Playboy and Hustler magazines that I hid in the woods). Mom was always afraid that I would bring roaches into the house...

I had a beer can collection, too- it was a popular thing back then.

HA! Same here. When I was 6, my "toys" were giant Rubbermaid type bins filled with motors, circuit boards, coils and wire. My favorite toys were things like TV's, radios, lawn mowers and moped's I found in the trash and took apart. I took EVERYTHING apart. Hell, The first time I was arrested, I was trying to fix the community water fountain. They charged me with vandalizing. I was like 8, I would have fixed it too if the damn cops would have just left me alone.

I find most of my garbage on eBay now. A 30 year old digging through the trash is trespassing.

Awww...dang!
    Can yah ship said Dumpster to Sacramento?
    I would happily retire the remanant remains to the local E waste recycler!...(and besides, going green and doing the *right thing* is all the rage nowadays)

In all seriousness, I hope your stuffs find a great home! I wish I were there to get the lexel 88!
    Will there be three phase!!!!