Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I'm lost in the world of laserprojectors!

Default Help! I'm lost in the world of laserprojectors!

Hi you all,

I'm searching the web for some time now for a new laser projector. But all I find are cheap build (chinese) lasers, or lasers that "to good to be true" (like Laserworld) and off course the professional series that are a "little bit" above my budget . I was wondering if there's someone that has a suggestion for me. I have now this laser: http://www.coollaser.de/he.pl?catego...ticle=00002025 It's a nice laser to start with but after some time I just want something better (and bigger) I think more people have this problem :P

I would like to have a system starting around the 1 watt with a decent scanset. RGB would be nice but I'm aware that that's gonna cost me more. My budget is around the 4000 a 5000 euro ($5600 a 7000) Little more or less is possible.

Is there someone who could help me and has an idea where to look for something like that?

Thanks already for your reaction

Hello Rizard-

Where abouts are you located? This will help to see what members/dealers may be able to help you out. Its definitely a good idea to stay away from Laserworld and the chinese systems as you already stated.

Your budget is well within reason to get into a good quality system or to have a system built for you.

A few suggestions would be:

1) KVANT
    2) custom system built for you
    3) You buy the parts and build a system yourself (if you feel capable of doing it)

I can price you out some systems or we can steer you toward someone more local to you for what you may need.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thanks marc,

I'm located in the Netherlands. I've updated my profile so the next time it's visible for everyone I've earlier had a look on the Kvant projectors. Also I've been watching the site of rgblasersystems (http://www.rgblasersystem.com/) But they haven't got any prices jet.

You could buy a 2 Watt Kvant RGB with LM scanners for that budget (the new cheap blues have resulted in a price drop).

I suggest you contact Pelosh (Martin) on here for a quote.

Quality wise, Kvant are around the very best you can buy.

Your alternative would be to get someone like Rob (Stanwax) to custom build you a projector. I'm unsure if any of our Dutch members offer this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizard View Post
    Hi you all,My budget is around the 4000 a 5000 euro ($5600 a 7000) Little more or less is possible.

Is there someone who could help me and has an idea where to look for something like that?

Thanks already for your reaction
    As usual marc has given you very sound advice.... try local first!
    I suggest you get in touch with "Edison" via PM here on PL.

Also read the threads for second hand stuff which is often better than "new" gear and invariably comes with extra bits and pieces which you will probably need. Patience in this will pay big dividends since this will be a steep learning curve. Best of luck!

Wake up Johan !

Cheers

PS. Post here what you are thinking of buying before parting with your money, that way, experienced members here are able to advise you if they see that you are about to stick your foot in it and you can therefore avoid many pitfalls.
    Last edited by catalanjo; 04-01-2011 at 19:02. Reason: PS

Thanks Catalanyo.

I,m not a sleep. My eyes are wide open.

Yes i can build a system or help rizard to a system that he can build it him self. I can build reds up to 4 watt but its waiting on the driver. The internal mechanics will be ready next week. Also the housings from the red and blue modules will be ready in a week or so. When i can afford it i will do another batch of lasercases so i can start building projectors of my own. Standard they will be fitted with JMlaser or with DT40 wides. Wiring will be done by the board of Rob stanwax and the green will be a laserwave or CNI. Its just a matter of months and i have my own projectors. Need to look for a website builder so people can find me

Rizard send me you phone number and i will get in contact with you.

Thanks guys for your input.
    I've learned yet a bit more I spoke Edison today about a costom build projector. But every other suggestion is still welcome

I would love to see the G-tech in real life. It looks quite solid to me. No dust can reach the scanner mirrors.

I would love to swap that greenie for a 1 watt blue and just see how it looks.

Of course there are many things in that can be improved in a G-tech like a split level design case that i have.

Thinking of buying a 1 watt green and ad a blue

I have one so if you want to see it in real life we should meet

And ofcourse if you can't make a deal with Edison in a timely fashion, which i doubt since his developments are very far, you could always contact Rob Stanwax (www.stanwax.co.uk).

He's a laserwave dealer and makes his own cases too and is nice to Dutch Laserists.

Soo either Edison or Rob will be a good choice for Dutch Laserists in dire need of a RGB projector.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.