Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Group buy Red First Contact optics cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Rob's website has it priced at £26.55 including tax and shipping. See here: http://shop.stanwaxlaser.co.uk/first...iclean-1-p.asp

Today's exchange rate is 1 GBP = 1.1460 EURO

That works out at 30.42 Euro's per bottle.

Or have I missed something obvious?
    a red bottle is £28.09, shipping (europe! I do not live in UK) = £4.80 = £32.89

£32.89 x 1.1460 EURO = 37,70

So IF you do not live in the UK this price is 25% cheaper...

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    is the hassle of sorting a GB worth it for 7 euros?
    I would be happy to sort out a few bottles to get other PL members in Europe a 25% lower price.

Ahh, I missed the drop down box

Anyway, I still think we really ought to support the businesses that provide goodies and provide support services for our members. Group buys are fine when it's something that isn't readily available, but in this case it's taking away someone's business and the resultant savings aren't really that great.

Just sayin'
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

aaaww I just bought some purusol and just got it delivered to my house minutes ago (literally)

Cyberbob told me about first contact, even though you can use it for a long time it did not really suit my budget I had available, I would have been able to afford this with a group buy though.

However I recently bought a midi controller and some other stuff, and the rest is reserved for future purchases (and also inssufient for good quality stuff)

Re: shelf life

So long as you keep the lid on it, it doesn't seem to degrade over time. Just don't let the solvent evapourate!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Maurice
    You may think I sting you with a shipping surchare to Europe but its actually to pay for tracked shipping to protect you as the buyer and me as the seller. This is a flat rate so buy 10 items or 1 item and its always £4 extra (+vat) per order - I think thats pretty fair. I will by all means remove the £4 surcharge but if the goods go missing on the way from here to Europe (and it has happened) then I say you are on your own - dont ask me to help. Since I introduced the surcharge and insisted on tracked shipping I have NEVER had a package go missing. To me thats worth it and fair.

@ JohnYayas In stock for shipping to US without VAT - again a flat rate ship surcharge is applicable.

Thanks All who have supported me by buying this gret product from my webshop in the past.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

northy does this mean the degrading process starts once you open it the first time and then keeps degrading even when closed?
    I quess that's the case right? since the oxygen stays in the bottle even when closed?

I wonder why these bottles don't have any vacuum pump system in it.
    They should design some sort of bottle that allows you for example to pump out the air for the biggest part opon closing.
    for example pumping it out with some kind of soft plastic attachment.
    Even if all air isn't pumped out, it might still slow down it's degrading progress.
    Anyway I'm leaving this topic as I'm do not want to interfere with a group buy =)

It only degrades as the solvent is lost. It does not cure when exposed to air it cures with liberation of the solvent - which is acetone and can be replenished.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I would add that one's @ stanwax are 25ml !

Piotr.K

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    a red bottle is £28.09, shipping (europe! I do not live in UK) = £4.80 = £32.89

£32.89 x 1.1460 EURO = 37,70

So IF you do not live in the UK this price is 25% cheaper...

hmm I wonder though, what makes these first contact cleaners are so expensive?
    Is it because of supply and demand?
    Demand is high, supply is low?
    or is this because the targeted group is relatively small and the production costs high?
    Last edited by masterpj; 04-05-2011 at 10:25. Reason: grammar correction :)