Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser Fantasy International RL5 Laser Projection System

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Did you seriously make an offer?
    Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Yes I did!
    AND? What was the result?

Come on, dude! You can't leave us hanging like that!

Adam

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Adam
    YEA!! And!?

I inquired as well. I asked the guy what ballpark figure he would entertain was; he replied but didn't provide any numbers.

Didn't go any further with it.

I would guess that serious offers would have to START around 30K. I would give my right arm
    for an LFI Rainbow Laser system. These are true works of art.. projector wise and you could start a serious planetarium laser show business with one. I knew one would come up for sale one day and I wouldn't have the money to buy it. Bummer..

I figured he would at least give a +/- ?????K price. I wouldn't want to insult with a lowball but at the same time, If he can't give a ballpark with only 2 (so he said) inquires, i'm out.

I don't do business that way. Not going to beg to price it. Besides, my day job takes up 92.335% of my free time.

I pray you get it Matt

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Adam

Nothing yet

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Default old, but lovely, but still old

I agree that LFI RL5's are neat, but they really are completely obsolete at this point. I just saw a new air-cooled solid-state 2 Watt full-color system with 60K 6215HP's weighing 40 lbs and the size of a comp tower demoed at the MidAtlantic Association of Planetariums conference two weeks ago - cost around 30K. Did I say air-cooled with 60K scanners running on standard 120V? Best graphics and abstracts I've ever seen from a vector laser system, even ones with multiple scanning heads. Plus the thing was running off a computer back-up battery pack. Guess that comes in handy on a sand dune or during a blackout.

I'm an old-timer but embrace the present! Get a lot more for you buck with a lot less aggravation!!!!
    -LL

Default real 60K

Let me clarify that this system was running close to 60K over the full scanner deflection of 60-ish degrees (saw live setting on Pangolin CD-2000) . Not that BS where manufacturers claim high scanning rates for miniscule scan angles like 4-degrees. And divergence was nil. Don't know who supplier of component lasers were. I've always been a fan of gas lasers over ss, but I'm a convert noew. The images produced by this thing were a religious experience...

Peace,
    LL

60k@60 degrees? are you sure about that?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

...Actually, the only thing I'm completely sure of is that I get grumpy if I don't get three square meals a day plus the occassional smoke...

But here's what I observed:

- Watched them change CD-2000 setting from 25K - 60K to illustrate the improvement of flicker and corner rounding.

- The animation they had up was a pretty detailed Saturn V launch. The projector was set up under the spring line of a 40' dome. Without any expander optics, they pretty much filled the far side of the dome, hence my assumption that they were running the scanners at a wide angle. So I guess 60-degrees, but that's my number, not theirs. Now that I think about it, it could be smaller since scan angles translate into bigger pictures on a curved surface when projecting from the circumference. It definitely wasn't 5 or 10 degrees, though.

- They said that they had conducted an exhustive survey of the heating and amperage consumption profiles of the juiced-up 6215HPs scanners, and thus could precisely manipulate them to the edges of the envelope without smoking them or tripping CTI's built-in cut-off mechanism.

That's the extent of my knowledge, but as someone who's been around and seen lots of laser stuff in domes, from an end-user point of view, their system completely outclasses AVI's SkyLase.

Peace,
    LL