Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese RGY compact laser graphics projector converted to RGB

Default Slightly worrying to see the fans blowing straight towards the optics.

Yes I think I will turn that around very good point remember where it came from everything is upside down and backwards from where I live he he

I did infact put those adjusters in all that was there before was a silly little angle bracket with a circular dichroic stuck on it and lots of epoxy around the screws. also visualize the green laser turned so it is facing the scanners there was a circut board behind it attached to the optic plate. That is now vertically mounted in the back with small angle brackets. I will attach the original pics.

Confusus say Octopus Store RGY 190MW Model projector Safer to human and environment CDRH Like our productound active mode with
    the function of shut-off if there is no music. Master/Slave mode (over t
    Functions: DMX512, Sound control, Auto, Master/Slave, more than one hundred of patterns, combined to create rich and dynamic multicolor patterns, and unique blanking.
    DMX512: Seven channels control with the function of ' BLACK OUT ' .
    Safety Capacity:
    Sound active mode with the function of shut-off if there is no music. Master/Slave mode (over ten slave units) and DMX512 mode will shut off laser automatically without trigger signal. It is designed according to the security and good performance, which will be safer to human and environment.
    Power Supply: 220V/110V, 50-60HZ.

SHIPMENT:
    100% Inspection before shipping to ensure the Zero Quality Problem!
    Well package guarantee the goods will be in a good condition after arriving to your home!
    lFast delivery-within 2-3 working days after receiving the clear payment. Item will be shipped via UPS ,DHL,TNT from our factory directly. Delivery time :about 3-5working days from China to your door.Shipping Date:9:30am-6:00pm(Monday to Saturday)
    lBuyer should confirm your shipping address correct in Paypal before sending payment.
    lPls DO NOT forget to send your available phone number to us in order to fast and safe delivery!
    lWe will mark the item as "Sample without Commercial Value'' to you. Pls note that we will not responsible for customs fee, VAT or any extra taxes involved, however, we will try our best to minimize the extra charge for our customers. In order to avoid any unhappiness, you are suggest to know your local customs and government regulation before purchase.
    en slave units) and DMX512 mode will shut off laser automatically without trigger signal. It is designed according to the security and good performance, which will be safer to human and environment.
    Power Supply: 220V/110V, 50-60HZ.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    pretty sure the telescopes are just for multi-diode setups, to squeeze the beams closer together... does not actually make the individual beams smaller... could be wrong though
    Telescopes are used to change the beam diameter to divergence ratio. They can be used on individual beams. However, using a telescope with only one beam is the equivalent to just using a different lens in the first place without a telescope.

Default Telescopes before pics

We are basically talking about putting a collimator in front of the individual laser to adjust the beam diameter correct?
    The first thing I am going to try though is replacing that stock lens I have ordered a glass one and that may help enough.

Right now thats one FAT beam.

"It is designed according to the security and good performance, which will be safer to human and environment". You got to love that statement.
    The Chinese sure have a way with the English language LOL

Here are the Before pics as promised
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0804.JPG  

CSC_0819.JPG  

DSC_0811.JPG  

DSC_0805.JPG  

100% Inspection before shipping to ensure the Zero Quality Problem!
    /QUOTE]

LOL Glad to see that Zero Quality is an ensurable problem !

Thanks for the before pics, but do you have one of the back (plugs/sockets etc.) ?
    Also measurements of the case would be great. (If you have the time).

I think you had a really good idea here! That is one very cheap case! And you get some cheap scanners thrown in.

Also don't knock the " silly little angle bracket with a circular dichroic stuck on it" it might come in handy for a telescope lens if you go down that route.

"In order to avoid any unhappiness, you are suggest to know your local customs and government regulation before purchase." Also which Gov did you get to know ? You don't say where you are based! Anyway I hope you managed to avoid any unhappiness!

Shipping Date:9:30am-6:00pm How did this bit go? Three days from china sounds pretty quick to me!

Thanks for this thread it's a really good laugh!

Cheers

Default Back pics

Hi Thanks
    With current economic conditions and the state of the world as a whole I think we all need a good laugh so I am glad you enjoyed the broken English and yes Confuses was misspelled on purpose he he

I think I paid $374 US back in 2009 in retrospect now that I have seen pricing on Photon Lexicon I could Have done better by purchasing everything and assembling it all myself. I did not need the DMX interface that is pretty much a waste of space but I kept the board in there. Also I do not trust that green laser as far as I can throw it I will be testing it to verify if there is major IR leaking out of it. The dead give away is the label they put on it Danger Visible and Invisible Laser radiation emitted from this apature.

I found a good resource for housings www.gkphotonics.com they also have awesome MM1 mounts for 27 bucks lowest price around.

Believe it or not it did arrive at my house in three days and I have say they boxed it up nice it got me back into the laser world after being absent for 11 years so it served its purpose and now its a pretty nice compact RGB graphic projector and I think the pictures show very good results. I will continue to improve it.

Here is Picture of the rear no power switch or key switch that will be changing very soon with a keyswitch that is not removable in the on position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0809.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    Hi Thanks
    With current economic conditions and the state of the world as a whole I think we all need a good laugh so I am glad you enjoyed the broken English and yes Confuses was misspelled on purpose he he

I think I paid $374 US back in 2009 in retrospect now that I have seen pricing on Photon Lexicon I could Have done better by purchasing everything and assembling it all myself. I did not need the DMX interface that is pretty much a waste of space but I kept the board in there. Also I do not trust that green laser as far as I can throw it I will be testing it to verify if there is major IR leaking out of it. The dead give away is the label they put on it Danger Visible and Invisible Laser radiation emitted from this apature.

I found a good resource for housings www.gkphotonics.com they also have awesome MM1 mounts for 27 bucks lowest price around.

Believe it or not it did arrive at my house in three days and I have say they boxed it up nice it got me back into the laser world after being absent for 11 years so it served its purpose and now its a pretty nice compact RGB graphic projector and I think the pictures show very good results. I will continue to improve it.

Here is Picture of the rear no power switch or key switch that will be changing very soon with a keyswitch that is not removable in the on position.
    which ILDA board you have installed there?

Default ILDA board installed

Hi

Sorry for the long delay in reply its the standard ILDA board that the chinese manufacturer put in it single ended output nothing special I think the cheap scanners dmx board and the ILDA interface come as a package for around 150 bucks on the chinese department store website I have seen the package other places as well. Dont expect much from the scanners they are real Poo Poo with graphics and animation, and will choke on 3d but if you use them for beams and abstracts they will work ok.

I bought a set of space las 30k for around $165 thats whats in the projector now had to run the power supply outboard and the scan amps just made it by mounting them to the side wall of the projector I had to be very careful to make the heatsinks inter connect with out touching each other so far it works great the side wall helps with heasinking.
    I have checked and ever after giving them a work out nothing is getting burning hot.

which blue modul you have installed there?
    Last edited by Alex_kld; 10-13-2011 at 05:12.

That is a casio 445nm diode in a standard Aixiz housing with a flex mod driver from Dr. Lava. The power is turned way down putting out around 200mw to balance with the other colors. It works nice as a studio projector to create shows can also be used in small venues for graphics not really good for beams not near enough power for that purpose. Now of course in the comfort of my own home theater with a tiny bit of fog, I have enjoyed tunnel effects never in public though!