Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chinese laer help

Default chinese laer help

hey all i need some help with this laser that i bought
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/ch...elp-62252.html

cheers ace

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Question

Ask your mate for your $50 back or get him to demo it working.
    Did it come with the top off (tampered with) or have you been "having a go" to fix it yourself?

Looks like he sold you a piece of junk. Then again, for only $50, you sort of had to expect that.

Agree with Soforene above: get your buddy to demo it for you.

Adam

i had the top off an was having a look

ive seen it work at a club before just dont know what software they were using

for 50$ you shouldn't expect much.
    anyway you still need software.
    Does this thing have a DB25 cable? *ilda port* if you don't know what it is: it looks like a printer port (this has to be on the projector itself)
    anyways even if that thing works, I doubt it has any safety hardware in there.

*edit*
    Just looked at the back of that projector

It has no DB25 connection but only an com port >.>
    erm........

so no luck im guessing

I'm thinking the serial port is for a plug-in interlock of some kind. That's pretty common on cheaper projectors.

The fact that it has no 25-pin ILDA port means that there probably is no software to run it. In all likelihood it was just running off an internal pre-programmed pattern board - perhaps with some sort of sound-to-light feature. This is also common on cheaper projectors.

Since you said you saw it working, ask your friend if there is a "dongle" that plugs into the 9-pin serial port on the back. If not, then ask him to come over and show you how to operate the unit.

Adam

would the dongle have a show programed on it?

No.

It would just be a removable device (probably one that only shorted a couple pins together) that would cause the projector to shut down whenever it was removed. It would be no larger than the cable-end on a 9-pin serial cable. It wouldn't even have any wires coming out of it. (The pins would be shorted internally).

The projector you have is almost certainly *NOT* programmable. That means whatever it is capable of displaying now is all it will ever display.

By comparison, a projector with a 25-pin ILDA port can accept signals from an external laser controller (also called a DAC) that is connected to a computer. So you can use the DAC to run new shows that you program yourself on the computer.

Projectors with ILDA ports may also have a pre-programmed pattern board built-in, but when you get tired of those pre-programmed patterns you can hook your controller and computer up to it and run all sorts of different shows. Sadly, your projector does not appear to support this.

Adam

starting to make sence no

Any chance i could (short) the wires out myself to get it to fire up