Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Down and Dirty Dually

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Steve, my Kvant 1W has a 300mW green with a 1 watt 445 and 300mW of 640 and it is a bit green heavy sometimes. I am also building a 1.2W with 500mW 445, 300mW 532, and a mix of 150mW 640 and 300mW 660 which also looks a bit green heavy. 600mW of green will go nicely with 2 watts of blue but you may need to throw together a dual 660 rig also.
    Yeah Aaron, looks like maybe even 200mW of green may do it ! Easy-on-the-budget (for this project) me-likies!
    (I did have a dual 660, but it's in pieces now) ..
    I'd like to see that Kvant of yours. Is it in the gallery?
    Last edited by steve-o; 04-14-2011 at 17:58. Reason: PUI

Planters, I agree that 22:1 ratio seems a bit steep. You said that your 100mW green 532 pointer appeared about the same brightness as the 445 when turned down to 700 mW, right? That'd be about a 7:1 ratio.
    As far as purchasing lasers/ software etc, that's not the intended direction that I would like to go with this thread. It is meant to be a fun, non-serious do-it-yourself nuts and bolts type project (on the cheap) that is aimed towards amusement with pretty (or ugly, depending on your pov) pictures and stimulating conversation.
    Concerning photopic and scotopic vision curves, I'd really not like to go there either, because that topic has been done to death.

Cheers!

And now more piccys!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445 w roof prism2.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	24490

Yes, that is a cheezy rotating mirror board out of a
    Laser-Widow. It is coming out of there real soon!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	636 off2.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	24491
    This is going to hopefully be an RGB.

Didn't mean to to be a bore. You are right. Have fun and enjoy the weekend.

Well, I've really killed-off my own thread, haven't I? Ahh, well.. I'll revive it later when I've made some progress..
    Happy-happy-Joy-joy Everybody .. Woo-Hoo.

I didn't give up!!!!! Just lack of time. Here's the latest progress... : (I posted this after toddy-time, so if I sound like i've had a drinky or 2, yep..) .. and yes, I still have 2 working eyeballs.. (cliky on piccy for vid)
    Last edited by steve-o; 06-05-2011 at 17:38. Reason: added smiley :]

Thumbs up

Very nice Mr. Toddy... . Best video I seen all day; just don't light that tree on fire? I hesitate to ask what the beam specs are.

Thank you-thank you Aaron. I'm trying to be the next Steven Speilburg. (sp?)
    I dont know what the beam specs are yet 'cause I haven't measured the spot size yet on the tree.. lol. I have to get it aimed down low enough to get my tape-measure out, and be able to reach it (it's about 18 ft up). As far as the tree goes, I don't think at 100 ft there will be (I hope ) enough heat generated to start a fire when I'm only running it about 2 minutes aimed there..
    Cheerz!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    I dont know what the beam specs are yet 'cause I haven't measured the spot size yet on the tree.. lol. I have to get it aimed down low enough to get my tape-measure out, and be able to reach it (it's about 18 ft up).
    That is why I hesitate to ask; not sure it is safe to go up and measure after "a drinky or two".

lol, yeah.
    I'll lower the beam and measure at the output aperature and the 100 ft spot (line) mark probly this weekend b4 toddy-time

yea you did sound a little drunk in that video