Thread: What fabric/screen to use for shows for animations? Please help!

Default What fabric/screen to use for shows for animations? Please help!

Hi everyone, I am doing a big laser show at the end of the month with animations and I need something to display the animations on. The projector will be behind the projection on the screen. What do I use for the best results? Someone told me a scrim? Please help..Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lasershowparty View Post
    Hi everyone, I am doing a big laser show at the end of the month with animations and I need something to display the animations on. The projector will be behind the projection on the screen. What do I use for the best results? Someone told me a scrim? Please help..Thanks
    Define "big laser show" -
    That may help determine the scrim recommendations...or possibly raise a few concerns!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

what dose that mean?

this is the scrim site...

http://www.studio-productions-inc.com/

what dose that mean?

this is the scrim site...

http://www.studio-productions-inc.com/
    How you define "Big laser show" (size of venue, indoor vs. outdoor, viewing area, etc.) may help determine the recommendations on what to use for a scrim.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

haha, ok, I guess its a big laser show to me, but its going to be in a school size gym area...its at a camp.. prob not big to most of these people on here..thanks

Search the forum for threads about scrim and something called "No See Um SKeeta" netting.

For the show you're planning, a piece of that netting, perhaps supported by photographer's backdrop stand, would probably be a lot cheaper than buying through a theatrical company.
    RR

Sweet.....

hmmm...never heard of that..ill check it out..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Search the forum for threads about scrim and something called "No See Um SKeeta" netting.

For the show you're planning, a piece of that netting, perhaps supported by photographer's backdrop stand, would probably be a lot cheaper than buying through a theatrical company.
    that stuff looks great! Thanks again for your help!

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Cool NoSeeUm

It's funny mine just arrived today. It's cool and you can have David make a size and add a 2 or 4 inch sleeve to the top and bottom to fly this by rope or however. 7 or 8 x 9 foot was UNDER $50 shipped. I Like It!
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Lightbulb ...in answer to yer PM...

hi lsp...

...its going to be in a school size gym area...thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09797.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	151.9 KB 
ID:	24480

15' x 18', ~$130. IIRC...

Top rigging: 2x 10' x 1" square (for near-zero flex) alum-tube up-top, with a small piece of 'unistrut' bolted to the two-sections, in the center, to-join tubes, with 1/2" eye-bolts at-ends and in center, for hanging from ceiling-struts... use D-rings / carabiners and 3/8" min. rapelling rope to fly / trim / tie-off (..and use a 3rd as-safety! ) Base-weight: 2x 1" x 10' PVC pipe, w/ 1 1/4" center-coupler, at-joint... slide-in pocket, at bottom... when-done, all 'breaks-down' / folds to manageable-size...

...in the name of Skeeta we pray, Amen.

Hope this helps...
    ciao ciao
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 04-16-2011 at 12:34.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...