Thread: Get in, sit down, hang on and shut up

Default Get in, sit down, hang on and shut up

....and don't forget the barf bags

COOL!!!

Damn -

makes me miss my old job....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Wow. The reason the nose drops so often is due to the weight of the pilots massive testicles.
    This space for rent.

Yeahhh!
    i would pay a thousand bucks to ride shotgun for two turns around that course!
    thats the ultimate roller coaster!
    Will there be three phase!!!!

WOA! that is awsome.

Imagine that pilot likes to troll and makes the comment: "ooh shit I slipped my hand"

That would bring you into a shock LOL

Like that guy that asked the Helicopter pilot when flying in a helicopter what that revolving thing was above their heads. The pilot said: "That's airconditioning". The guy says, man i don't believe you.
    Well says the pilot, let's see how sweaty you get when i turn it off
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Yeahhh!
    i would pay a thousand bucks to ride shotgun for two turns around that course!
    thats the ultimate roller coaster!
    Rent the helicopter, and I'll drive it for free.
    Guaranteed uber-exciting, or your money back...

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

hmm I know a friend of my father who has a helicopter.. I remember him promising us a flight though, woa suddenly being reminded of this.. he has not taken us on that ride yet.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    hmm I know a friend of my father who has a helicopter.. I remember him promising us a flight though, woa suddenly being reminded of this.. he has not taken us on that ride yet.
    Be sure to request the front passenger seat...
    RR

Sweet.....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

This is opinion.

I saw Mr Zimmerman fly the modded BO-105 last week, I was not that impressed with his flight at Sun and Fun. If you watch closely when he's over land, he makes very sure his rotor disk is never parallel with the ground when he's inverted. He is always somewhat into a roll on the wild moves, making sure he has inertia to carry him upright.

OK, he has balls, but very conservative balls.

He does the really wild video stuff over water or with no crowds around. Then when you see him up close, its somewhat of a let-down.

I'm sure there are political/legal reasons for that, but I've seen beat up OH-58s fly a more entertaining over all demo. Especially with nap of the earth flight or behind the trees pop ups.

Now the F-22 East Coast demo pilot, well, he made the Blue Angels look like a bunch of grandmothers on bicycles. So did the FA-18 solo demo pilot. While thrust vectoring is probably useless in more modern air to air combat, where the pilots will never be within 20 miles of each other, it is very spectacular. The F22 can go SLOW, VERY SLOW, then do flips in a number of wild, impressive ways. The Mach diamonds in the flames when 22's afterburners are lit is spectacular, but the flames are only visible from a few angles, for obvious reasons.

The Raptor pilot pushed the speed from near stall to the formation of the very start of what looked like a Prandtl–Glauert singularity in a few seconds. He took it to the very edge of supersonic, you could see the air turn white in the formation of the singularity along the back of the plane and at the wingtips. OK, it was humid, but he was going faster then expected. I know, low flight and very fast are contradictions, but that bird was moving out..

He then passed back over the field and did that in the vertical.

Too bad they do not make a two seat version. Take good ear protection if you go see a F-22 demo. Btw, its strangely silent when he is approaching you, some team worked hard on the sound damping, compared to other jets. From the rear, well, loud is not enough of a word to describe the pressure wave at low altitudes.

opinion mode off.
    Steve