Thread: Lanling 1 watt RGB laser projector

Default Lanling 1 watt RGB laser projector

please delete this.
    Last edited by thallium; 04-15-2011 at 11:18.

IMO, probably not a great idea to post a video showing doing an underground show using a illegal laser projector. Nothing I could see in that show was even close to legal.

^^^ +1 ^^^

ESPECIALLY now!

CDRH has a heartbeat again and they are purposely watching this website and visiting random USA websites advertising lasers.

Thallium-

we'll assume you did not know, but lasers in the USA are regulated and governed by rules and regulations from the FDA/CDRH. you need a "variance" to operate a certified Laser in public. Your laser is neither certified nor varianced. I would urge you to

1) not do shows until you have legal equipment and a variance to perform shows.

2) remove any and all videos/pictures that tie you personally to any such events.

TRUST ME...the CDRH is on a war path right now. They are going after everybody. I have gotten letters (and i am 100% legal) and other long standing companies and manufacturers are getting phone calls, inspections and letters. oh, and you having a 3W illegally imported and non-certified laser operating in public will get you in some DEEP poopies!

doing illegal shows and "operating under the radar" has semi-worked in the past few years, but those days are over now. fines ARE being handed out.

these arent threats to you. i am not trying to scare you or anything. i am quite simply just giving you a "heads up." What you do with this is up to you.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Now I want to see the video....it must have been awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew/DLS View Post
    Now I want to see the video....it must have been awesome!
    DITTO, I feel left out now

i didnt watch the whole video. and to be quite honest what i saw of it (about 30 seconds or so) didnt look unsafe at all. at least not that i noticed. just givin him a heads up that this is EXACTLY what the CDRH is looking for!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I watched it as well and didn't really see anything to cause alarm with the set up. The projector was mounted quite high in the air. Very tall ceilings and no beams even remotely close to anyone. Very surprised with the quality of the built in frames as there was no ILDA connector on it. The unit itself is certainly not legal in the US though.