Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willing to share your laser projector component 3D Models with the community?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    ah google sketchup.
    it's ok and a + that it's free =) but I never liked the renderer itself and stick with 3ds max.
    Hi masterpj, you might be able to suggest a good file type for me to export in. DrLava was asking if I can save in 3ds max format.

I can't save in native 3ds format but I'm sure we can find a bridging file type that can get the job done.

Here is a link that might help you advise us which file type is best for me to send.
    http://help.solidworks.com/2010/engl...ng_Options.htm

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse

Awesome! Thanks Kit

Can you export to .dae (COLLADA)? I believe this is a widely accepted and interchangeable format for these models.

I could personally do with the following, though I'm sure there'd be others here who might like to have access to these and the others:

dt40 pro mount
    Dt40 scanners
    Dt40 scanner drivers
    Stanwax ILDA interface boards
    Stanwax/DZ colour correction boards
    Dave's diode mounts
    Both types of Dave's optics mounts
    Edmonds 2" and 3" square cdar windows
    5.6mm diodes
    CNI 12mm diameter 100mW OEM green laser
    LaserWave 2watt green
    Dsub connectors 9pin 25 pin male and female
    Simon's prisms

Perhaps somewhere on the FTP server would be a good place. What do you think?

Cheers,
    Tony
    Hi Tony, have a look at the link above. Can you import any of those file types?

Yes the FTP sever sounds like a good place. The only problem is I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to the FTP thing. I barely know what an FTP sever is let alone how to upload and download files. If you could point me to some resources on how to do it that would be handy.
    Last edited by kitatit; 04-21-2011 at 04:07. Reason: fixed broken link

Default Scanpro 20's

Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by kitatit View Post
    Hi masterpj, you might be able to suggest a good file type for me to export in. DrLava was asking if I can save in 3ds max format.

I can't save in native 3ds format but I'm sure we can find a bridging file type that can get the job done.
    Hey Kit, can you see if this works for you?

http://labs.solidworks.com/Products/...=colladaexport

Here is a link that might help you advise us which file type is best for me to send.
    http://help.solidworks.com/2010/engl...eb39584633#Pg0
    Hmm, that link got abbreviated and so wont work.

Yes the FTP sever sounds like a good place. The only problem is I'm a complete simpleton when it comes to the FTP thing. I barely know what an FTP sever is let alone how to upload and download files. If you could point me to some resources on how to do it that would be handy.
    Sure thing Are you a Windows or Mac person?

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Great! Thanks Adam

.dae (COLLADA)
    I just looked into this a little and it is a pretty new thing and looks to be buggy in solid works. What are you using for your cad program? Are you just looking to make pictures or do you want dimensional accuracy?
    Can you work with STEP or IGES or STL? these are real standards typically used for cross compatibility between mechanical solid modelers. Max, Maya, sketchup and those other modeling packages are not as good if you actually want to make the part. They just don't play as well with CAM software.

$.02

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I am willing to chip in here, as I am about to 3D model the CNI MGL green module & driver, also the B&K modules.

I am for DT30 model if anyone has one (assuming they are physically different to DT40).
    This space for rent.

Default mean something like this

Let me know what you need, all these components are in Solidworks 2010 or 2011

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGB 1 open 3.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	24571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGB 1 - 001.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	197.9 KB 
ID:	24572

Let me know what you need

Hi Chad

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    What are you using for your cad program?
    Using Mac, I have access to:

TurboCAD Pro 5
    VectorWorks 2010
    SketchUp 8
    Lightwave 3D 10

On PC, I have access to:

3DS Max Design 2012

Are you just looking to make pictures or do you want dimensional accuracy?
    Dimensional accuracy so that layouts can be modelled before committing to metal work.

Can you work with STEP or IGES or STL?
    Yes, TurboCAD supports these.

Max, Maya, sketchup and those other modeling packages are not as good if you actually want to make the part. They just don't play as well with CAM software.
    Speaking for myself, I'm more after modelling layouts of existing components, rather than for the purposes of manufacturing. So using something like Lightwave 3D suits me as I have used this extensively in the past and so don't need to go through the learning curve of yet another complex design app!! Even if I have to convert the file type from a CAD type to a 3D graphics file type, that would work for me.

However, it would be good to have a widely accepted standard file format to use for exchanging 3D models. My impression from a little reading on the web was that this is .dae

sorry for the delayed response, I was in utrecht.
    anyway
    I highly recommend the use of the format: .fbx it's closest to actually being a standard when it comes to 3D.
    It supports most of the things that other file formats do not.
    I can explain and justify that with many arguments. but I guess for now I safe myself some time on that.

http://help.solidworks.com/2010/engl...eb39584633#Pg0

Hi Tony, have a look at the link above. Can you import any of those file types?

link does not work
    if you can do .fbx then really choose for that format.

I can work with .fbx