Thread: Evergreen Laser

Default Evergreen Laser

Just got back an Omnichrome 643 ar/kr laser after Evergreen rebuilt it.
    The people at Evergreen were very professional and extremely helpful!
    They did a great job on the rebuild and this little single phase aircooled whitelight laser is now speced at 230mw @ 8A. With 10A who knows? 300mw? (All I done so far is fire it up after unpacking. Lased w/o any optic tweaking.)
    Goes great with my 543 Argon (>650+mw @ 10A). But back to the subject.
    I have nothing but the highest praise for Evergreen Laser for their outstanding service and workmanship!

Hi Max!

If you don't mind my asking... How much did you pay to have that tube regassed?

The reason I ask is that I've often considered the merits of whitelighting a small air-cooled argon tube. I understand the risks associated with cataphoresis and all, but assuming that you had a straight bore power tube of sufficient diameter, I wonder what it would cost to swap the optics and re-fill the tube with a Kr-Ar mix...

Several people on alt.lasers have said that it's not cost effective to re-gas small air-cooled tubes, period. Yet I keep reading about people that have it done and are thrilled with the results. Thus, I'm starting to get skeptical about the "not cost effective" part!

Adam