Thread: quick show vlj audio

Default quick show vlj audio

can anyone tell me where in windows vista i make the adjustment for quick show to pick up the audio from media player, as at the moment i only get the mic as an option for audio input
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Hi Chris

If you find out please let me know. I've been trying to get audio to work in Vista, but haven't had any success. Like yourself, I can only get the mic input showing - very frustrating!

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Default audio

hey jem there is a thread somewhere with the info but i cant find it
    i did it once before ok but forgot it i know it as simple as a check box somewhere
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Try right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar, select recording devices, select the line in and then set default. Might work, haven't tried it.

Edit: sorry that was for using an external source. I guess you need to route a media player to a specific output then use that in QS input.
    Edit2: I have 'Stereo Mix' available as a recording device, this should be the default output for a media player app, and it shows up in the VLJ options
    Last edited by norty303; 04-16-2011 at 14:55.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Default thanks

thanks norty
    sure enough i right clicked on speaker, clicked on recording devices, and enabled stereo mix
    set the level , and bingo it works
    @ jem give it ago

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    can anyone tell me where in windows vista i make the adjustment for quick show to pick up the audio from media player, as at the moment i only get the mic as an option for audio input
    ah you need the stereo mix right?
    well it's device is hidden.
    Go to the audio settings (where you can see the mic device and such)

Right-click on an empty spot below and tick "show hidden devices"
    then it's there but kinda grayed out, then enable it.

Also if there comes no output to the stereo mix, then you might be using your headphone jack.
    With the common realtek drivers/ sound cards this is common I think.
    You need to use your normal speaker jack if this happens for sound to record.

Default qs audio

@ pj did i not just answer my own question thanks
    To norty

Bah, still no joy.

Mine's using a Sigma Tel high definition audio Codec and is routed to the speakers/headphones. i'm using a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. I'm trying to get this working with my iTunes library and have no problem getting music out of the laptop's speakers.

VDJ just shows 'microphone/line in Sigmatel' as the only option

I've tried clicking in a blank spot below the speaker options on the 'sound' window and get the following two options...

Show disabled devices or show disconnected devices.

I've got both options ticked but nothing else shows up. The speakers/headphones option is set as the default.

I think i've tried all the suggestions so far and probably a load of other stuff along the way but still no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    @ pj did i not just answer my own question thanks
    To norty
    Oops sorry I just read and yeah :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Bah, still no joy.

Mine's using a Sigma Tel high definition audio Codec and is routed to the speakers/headphones. i'm using a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. I'm trying to get this working with my iTunes library and have no problem getting music out of the laptop's speakers.

VDJ just shows 'microphone/line in Sigmatel' as the only option

I've tried clicking in a blank spot below the speaker options on the 'sound' window and get the following two options...

Show disabled devices or show disconnected devices.

I've got both options ticked but nothing else shows up. The speakers/headphones option is set as the default.

I think i've tried all the suggestions so far and probably a load of other stuff along the way but still no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Jem
    Look for driver updates.
    Secondly do you have some custom software with that sound card?
    better check if it has some toggles