Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plurfect Productions - Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    http://www.blacklasers.com

Nothing but cheap Chinese junk and is in Wisconsin. Maybe we need to change the mid west to the mid east.

More info forwarded onto the right people. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Not that I intend on doing any illegal shows (most of mine are in my garage or backyard and I still follow the CDRH guidelines, unless it is just me) but how serious does CDRH consider these matters? I imagine if this were just a single random show, then that would be one thing... but this looks like an entertainment company that hosts regular events, full intent to continue displaying lasers illegally. I too am curious to see how this develops.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    I just found some new strange features about the ILDA signals:

"ILDA signal conversion is fully digital to avoid mechanical contact wear"
    (AL-980 product page)

:-)

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

WOW!
    Wish I was there.

12 peeps dancing in a tent.

AWESOME !!

maybe they relate this to the relays that are used for dmx breakout boards?

sounds funny anyway
    "its called character briggs..."

Just for everyone's peace of mind, I don't want to be the laser police. Nothing even close. I really don't care if someone uses a chinese laser and does a show. I don't care who does anything as long as they do it safe, or do whatever and keep it to themselves.

What I DO care about is someone doing shows with NO regard for anyone's safety. It's one thing to bend a rule a tiny bit to make something work (safely that is), and something totally different as in the video posted here. I welcome debate the bend the rule thing, but shit happens in the real world.

Ya, I did pass along relevant information to the right people. I did it because it needed to be done before someone is hurt or blinded. IMO, with Plurfect Productions it wasn't a matter of if they would hurt someone. It was when. Again IMO, that needs action asap.

Quoting Plurfect Productions on their YouTube page: "this is what we do!" I really hope do is changed to did soon.

SAVE THE RAVERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post
    I just found some new strange features about the ILDA signals:

"ILDA signal conversion is fully digital to avoid mechanical contact wear"
    (AL-980 product page)

:-)
    That went woosh.....right over my head. What...?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out!

I liked this from their main page:

FDA Variance Compliance
    Need a Variance for your upcoming show?
    We offer to fill out all technical portions of a Variance application on request , you just need to fill in venue & personal information and submit!
    We have never had a customer application rejected!

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!
    Last edited by Phredy1; 04-19-2011 at 15:53.

I am somewhat disappointed. Their auction says "Safe for Humans and environment". I was going to take my alien friend to a rave, but I guess it is not safe. Also, leave your pets at home too. It is not safe for them.

Honestly, it is not about squashing the fun, or being the laser police. The problem is; if someone gets hurt (probably unlikely at a semi-low power show like this), it becomes harder for the honest guy. Every time someone lights a joint with a laser and puts a dot in someone's vision, every time a moron shines a Wicked Laser at a plane, more and more people start screaming for tighter controls.

Everything is illegal here in the US. Why? Because we have 100 million morons doing stupid shit and twice as many lawyers who want to sue them. So for the honest guys, we need to do our part in keeping this alive. If that means a couple of morons get busted and their fun is ruined.... so be it. I hate the fact that if I wanted to do commercial shows, I'd have to jump through hoops and inspect everything at the venue with a microscope to make sure there is nothing out of place and my request for a varience gets rejected. Quite honestly, that is 100% of the reason why I don't do commercial shows. I don't have the time or the patience. It shouldn't be that way. It should be common sense... don't shine lasers at the crowd. I know it looks great, but is it really worth it?

Spec, I think we need a new emote... a smiley climbing off it's soapbox and walking off, indicating that the soapbox-rant is done!

That being said... I am climbing down from my soapbox
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

PLUR that is funny i am amazed at how that caught on

it was a friend of mine who coined the phrase (my business partners old room mate Frankie Bones)