Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plurfect Productions - Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    it was a friend of mine who coined the phrase (my business partners old room mate Frankie Bones)
    FACT: http://hyperreal.org/raves/spirit/pl...n_of_PLUR.html

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    http://www.blacklasers.com

Nothing but cheap Chinese junk and is in Wisconsin. Maybe we need to change the mid west to the mid east.

More info forwarded onto the right people. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
    also doesn't the bottom left image belong to someone here?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    Just for everyone's peace of mind, I don't want to be the laser police. Nothing even close. I really don't care if someone uses a chinese laser and does a show. I don't care who does anything as long as they do it safe, or do whatever and keep it to themselves.

What I DO care about is someone doing shows with NO regard for anyone's safety. It's one thing to bend a rule a tiny bit to make something work (safely that is), and something totally different as in the video posted here. I welcome debate the bend the rule thing, but shit happens in the real world.

Ya, I did pass along relevant information to the right people. I did it because it needed to be done before someone is hurt or blinded. IMO, with Plurfect Productions it wasn't a matter of if they would hurt someone. It was when. Again IMO, that needs action asap.

Quoting Plurfect Productions on their YouTube page: "this is what we do!" I really hope do is changed to did soon.

SAVE THE RAVERS!
    while it does bother me that they are breaking the rules while I cannot; I really doubt those things are going to do any damage... theres crap-tons of those all around the world and I haven't seen any bodies yet...

now, if you told me there was a prodj out there audience scanning with a q-switched yag, then I would break out the pitch forks

if you want to be the laser police I can give you the names of like 10 night clubs (including some really major names) that have all sorts of chinese laser crap pointed straight down/at people here in miami

hey robin if you know about storm rave then you might find it interesting that we are doing the 20 anniversary of the storm in the form of en event called S.U.N. http://www.facebook.com/suncollective

on june 25th in brooklyn

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Our government when it comes to things that fly under the radar are for the most part Action / Reaction. Wait until the day someone doing something stupid really does blind someone with a show laser. It would be local news then CNN, and then funding for tons of CDRH enforcement people to look over everyone's shoulder. Inspections. Detections. Neglections. It would get ugly real fast.

It's an individual choice I guess to know about something unsafe / illegal and not choose to do anything about it. Personally, what I saw in the videos was beyond looking the other way - to me. It was UNSAFE as hell. It was being publicly advertised as "this is what we do". For those of us that follow the rules best we can, this is NOT what we do.

Illegal show lasers is one thing. If you can get away with using them, more power to you. Doing unsafe things with either a legal or illegal laser is a whole different ball game.

All this brings up a question for me to ask: If someone is doing something VERY unsafe with a laser, do we have a responsibility as laser enthusiasts, laserists or PL forum members to do something? Or is it just a free for all and who gives a shit unless it's me that gets hurt?

I'm off the soapbox now. Next....

All this brings up a question for me to ask: If someone is doing something VERY unsafe with a laser, do we have a responsibility as laser enthusiasts, laserists or PL forum members to do something? Or is it just a free for all and who gives a shit unless it's me that gets hurt?
    I think the critical point is the word you highlighted yourself. Whilst unsafe, I'm sure there are some incredibly more hazardous things going on that your intentions would be better directed at. Check out the lasvegaslasers picture in a recent for sale thread as an example of one that is imeasurably more hazardous than the one you've picked up on.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I think the critical point is the word you highlighted yourself. Whilst unsafe, I'm sure there are some incredibly more hazardous things going on that your intentions would be better directed at. Check out the lasvegaslasers picture in a recent for sale thread as an example of one that is imeasurably more hazardous than the one you've picked up on.
    I have not seen that picture. Nor am I against audience scanning. Done right that is.... I just posted one of the most awesome videos I have ever seen of a Minestry.sk show, done with mega audience scanning. Would I let Minestry audience scan me? Hell ya! Would I let Plurfect audience scan me? No freaking way.

I actually had not thought of comparing Plurfect Productions videos to whatever else I could find and then choose the worst offender. It was posted on a different site. I watched it. I found it disturbing what they were doing. I thought about what I personally should or shouldn't do, and decided it was serious enough to take action. And then just for my own interest in forum members reactions, I decided to not remain anonymous and see who if anyone would try to defend Plurfect. Or chastise me for doing what I thought needed done.

From my own personal viewpoint I relate to thinking about: If I see someone obviously driving impaired do I just get out of his way before he wrecks me, or do I make a call and hopefully they get him off the road before he gets someone else? It would be hard to sleep at night if I didn't and he had wrecked and hurt other people. On the other hand, do I drive around for no other reason than to find an impaired driver? Ahhh....no.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    while it does bother me that they are breaking the rules while I cannot;
    Just FYI, If I heard you were doing a show and you were doing audience scanning I would have 3 thoughts:

1. He likely has the experience to do it

2. He is professional

3. Nothing to worry about.

Plurfect does not fit any of those IMO.

It's too much of a pain to do an audience scanning show legally here... if you obey the rules the effect is pretty lame anyway, so its not worth the hassle

and as a personal preference I don't like audience scanning, as in, I don't like the lasers hitting me directly... at LEM's I try to always be outside the scanning zone because thats just the way I enjoy it

some people live and die by audience scanning, and I can understand why, it is a really neat effect, standing in a tunnel is freaking mind blowing etc... but its just not worth the hassle...

as far as reporting other people, my personal attitude is the less attention we attract to laser shows the better... if I see someone doing something really horrible (audience scan with a laserscope for example) then yes I would try and alert someone as that IS an incident waiting to happen... but if theres some jackasses using some 15mw ebay jobs, then, I don't know, I would be more concerned that they are using crap, uncertified equipment than audience scanning with it to be perfectly honest with you

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    It's too much of a pain to do an audience scanning show legally here... if you obey the rules the effect is pretty lame anyway, so its not worth the hassle

and as a personal preference I don't like audience scanning, as in, I don't like the lasers hitting me directly... at LEM's I try to always be outside the scanning zone because thats just the way I enjoy it

some people live and die by audience scanning, and I can understand why, it is a really neat effect, standing in a tunnel is freaking mind blowing etc... but its just not worth the hassle...

as far as reporting other people, my personal attitude is the less attention we attract to laser shows the better... if I see someone doing something really horrible (audience scan with a laserscope for example) then yes I would try and alert someone as that IS an incident waiting to happen... but if theres some jackasses using some 15mw ebay jobs, then, I don't know, I would be more concerned that they are using crap, uncertified equipment than audience scanning with it to be perfectly honest with you
    I agree 100% with what you said about audience scanning. We disagree a little on reporting, but I totally respect your opinions.