Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 658nm 1000mW Laser diodes?

Default 658nm 1000mW Laser diodes?

Has anyone seen or knows anything about these, http://cgi.ebay.de/LASER-DIODE-1000m...item336708a2c4. They popped up on eBay Germany from 2 different sellers. One selling at 29€ and one at 39€/piece. I mean even if they’re Maglites and really have 1000mW they’re still good for a side beam show.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	neu-2.JPG 
Views:	207 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	24533

the driver board for a pointer probally says enough.
    max 50 hours usage and way under spec, diode pumped to the max.
    but at these prices it's worth a try

maybe if you change the driver and tec cool everything till freezing... (?)
    "its called character briggs..."

Well I'm gona find out! I just got the last 2 for 29€ each of the other guy.

cheers!

damn! i clicked buy now but then it was gone lol

let me know the results

LOC's won't survive 1000mW for even a split second. Thermal is not the problem here as it is with the 445nm Nichia diodes, but the LOC diodes will go COD if they get 1000mW of red on their tail.

These may be different diodes, but if they are, I can't tell which ones. Maybe we're lucky and the LPC826 diodes turn out to be as tough as the Nichia 445's, so you could squeeze a Watt out of them in a single diode. Their operating current seems to be 0,4A according to the eBay seller, which would make them 250mW diodes (e.g. LPC826).

Even if these puppies run half a Watt CW, I think a lot of people will be happy to have powerful red on their hands. An insanely powerful flashlight-sized red can be trimmed down to a neat beam by a simple pinhole...

Anyone up to take one of these for the team?

i think solarfire already got two for the team, so if he comes up with treasure, we all owe him big time!
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    LOC's won't survive 1000mW for even a split second. Thermal is not the problem here as it is with the 445nm Nichia diodes, but the LOC diodes will go COD if they get 1000mW of red on their tail.

These may be different diodes, but if they are, I can't tell which ones. Maybe we're lucky and the LPC826 diodes turn out to be as tough as the Nichia 445's, so you could squeeze a Watt out of them in a single diode. Their operating current seems to be 0,4A according to the eBay seller, which would make them 250mW diodes (e.g. LPC826).

Even if these puppies run half a Watt CW, I think a lot of people will be happy to have powerful red on their hands. An insanely powerful flashlight-sized red can be trimmed down to a neat beam by a simple pinhole...

Anyone up to take one of these for the team?
    Yes I've got 2 comming. I'm just curious as hell to check these claims. Actually 1200mA is the operating current, the 400mA is recomended for getting the 20000 h of operating time. Well I'll see shortly.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    Yes I've got 2 comming. I'm just curious as hell to check these claims. Actually 1200mA is the operating current, the 400mA is recomended for getting the 20000 h of operating time. Well I'll see shortly.

cheers!
    Very interesting. 1200mA sounds about right. I would be happy with 5000 hours life, so long as ongoing supply is available.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Very interesting. 1200mA sounds about right. I would be happy with 5000 hours life, so long as ongoing supply is available.
    Yeah, but I can't see an amp going through "that" driver. If it's too good to be true, it usually is... We'll see though. I'll eat my hat if they make close to 1W even with a flashlight beam.