Thread: A Curiosity on ebay

Default A Curiosity on ebay

Check this thing out if you could hijack the playback system and send it to other projectors it could be a cool toy. Never saw one of these advertised on Ebay before or anywhere for that matter.
    What will China be up too next

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIY-Programmable...#ht_7438wt_797

A friend of mine bought a similar unit back from Thialand the other week. Same unit minus the SD card and interface. The rear/front panel is identical.

His unit was RG producing RGY. The line up was shit-full to be kind. I pulled all lasers and the dichro out, removed the bits of card/material wedged under then and started again.They had shimmed/tilted the green up at a 5 degree angle to hit the galvos, so the R and G were a mile off from each other. In the end, a re-align produced an amazing little show. Some of the beam effects are pretty good! Red was very lacking compared to the tight punchy green so I reduced the green power with a wire wound resistor so that R/B balance worked and produced yellow when combined. Red is very FAT and the collimation lens was glued tight...

The manufacturer let the unit down with the crap engineering/line up.... Close but no cigar.

The PSU is a bit sus, the galvos gitter a bit but what do you expect for $100!!!!!!
    This space for rent.

i am receiving these SD boards soon from my supplier
    it actually is an ILDA breakout board with DMX in/out ILDA in/out dipswitches and a SD/MMC reader

Quote Originally Posted by laserwinkel View Post
    i am receiving these SD boards soon from my supplier
    it actually is an ILDA breakout board with DMX in/out ILDA in/out dipswitches and a SD/MMC reader
    very interesting! let us know how they perform please
    "its called character briggs..."

Default DMX SD ILDA breakout

Now thats more like what I was thinking about the price was a bit high on the projector and that thing did look like junk, but the SD part is what caught my eye what is the price on the Boards you are getting? And do you know how many minutes of ILDA frames it can put out?
    I have a similar device on my RYIA muliti Bus, and I have not used it to date.

I was thinking it would be a device that could be used for Laser signage Point of sale Lobbys ect... with the properly designed projector not a piece of..... like the one advertised thanks for the review dnar, thats what I expected of the projector any
    way.

Give us an update on the boards when you have one.

Thanks
    Michael