Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone build me a laser unit?

I mean I got a nice unit that I bought from a company 500mW 7 color 50k scanners all certified for I think $1300. I would spend a little more then 2000 if I had too

I would suggest you take a look at kvant @ synchrovision and Their offers, i think there is a 1,6w rgb around your budget.
    Good luck!

thanks! Do you have his contact info by any chance?

http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/special-offers

here it is, but this is closer to 3.650 usd + shipping + import taxes etc etc
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/special-offers

here it is, but this is closer to 3.650 usd + shipping + import taxes etc etc
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that projector isn't certified for use in the US.

I highly doubt there will be *anything* that has decent scanners, decent power/color in that price range that will also be legal for use in the US. I wouldn't build anything for anywhere near $2000-3000 and I doubt there's anyone that can unless they have their own laser enclosure they've made and had approved by the CDRH, for starts.

You might check with X-Laser. I've heard they have some thrifty deals on legal laser show projectors, but I haven't personally looked through their product offerings.

Good luck. Like Swami said, triple -even quadruple your price range and you'll be a lot closer.

- Jonathan

1- $2K for a laser projector to be used in public and "built" by someone who knows what theyre doing and licensed to do so aint gonna happen.

2- It is VERY VERY VERY VERY sad and disheartening that any *SERIOUS* laserist considers $2k a "legitimate" budget for a professional laser system. $2K should be the cost of the case for said laser system!

3- I am a KVANT dealer. NONE of their systems are legal over here as of yet (without modifications and/or product reports). ESPECIALLY for a New York based person or company where a Class B license is required.

4- @djmagnus- I am curious as to where you see a 1.6W KVANT projector for "around" $2000?? I am not saying you are wrong, i am just curious as to where you or anyone can get a 1.6W RGB laser for $2000. *DEALER* cost for that projector is at least double that budget.

5- 50K scanners alone are going to cost more than your $2K budget. let me re-phrase- *REAL* 50K scanners are going to cost more than your $2K budget.

Sorry guys, not trying to rain on anyones parade, but i expect to see the Chinese sell the hell out of their crap systems and price them as crap. But i dont expect to see fellow laserists trying to push a $2k budget for QUALITY lasers ESPECIALLY here in Nazi USA for Laser regulations as a legitimate budget. This is EXACTLY what is devaluing this profession and its LEGITIMATE business's. There is *NO PLACE* for a $2k laser system in the "professional" world of laser light shows.

Build a system of your own for $2K and "mess around" with it for some of your *OWN* house parties or garage parties- thats fine. run a laser business based around a $2K Laser system. Shameful! Insurance costs alone costs more than that.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    1- $2K for a laser projector to be used in public and "built" by someone who knows what theyre doing and licensed to do so aint gonna happen.

2- It is VERY VERY VERY VERY sad and disheartening that any *SERIOUS* laserist considers $2k a "legitimate" budget for a professional laser system. $2K should be the cost of the case for said laser system!

3- I am a KVANT dealer. NONE of their systems are legal over here as of yet (without modifications and/or product reports). ESPECIALLY for a New York based person or company where a Class B license is required.

4- @djmagnus- I am curious as to where you see a 1.6W KVANT projector for "around" $2000?? I am not saying you are wrong, i am just curious as to where you or anyone can get a 1.6W RGB laser for $2000. *DEALER* cost for that projector is at least double that budget.

5- 50K scanners alone are going to cost more than your $2K budget. let me re-phrase- *REAL* 50K scanners are going to cost more than your $2K budget.

Sorry guys, not trying to rain on anyones parade, but i expect to see the Chinese sell the hell out of their crap systems and price them as crap. But i dont expect to see fellow laserists trying to push a $2k budget for QUALITY lasers ESPECIALLY here in Nazi USA for Laser regulations as a legitimate budget. This is EXACTLY what is devaluing this profession and its LEGITIMATE business's. There is *NO PLACE* for a $2k laser system in the "professional" world of laser light shows.

Build a system of your own for $2K and "mess around" with it for some of your *OWN* house parties or garage parties- thats fine. run a laser business based around a $2K Laser system. Shameful! Insurance costs alone costs more than that.

-Marc
    I %100 Agree with Marc i know i had to drop quite a bit more to get a legal projector and i know that my Insurance for a year is almost your $2000 budget. Spend the Money Do it right save your self a lot of head ache and problems its worth the extra investment if your serious about it.

Lightbulb

Hi lsp...

Quote Originally Posted by lasershowparty View Post
    I mean I got a nice unit...all certified for..
    Umm, "certified" by *whom*? The snake-oil / lazer-box salesman that sold it to ya? Can you actually look it up on the FDA site? (somewhat-hosed, as it may-be )

Try going to http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInforma...ts/default.htm and up in the top-right 'Search' box, see if you can find your projector, or the manufacturer - even via the Product Report number, which should-be found on a sticker on the rear of your projector - the number would be something like '00P-1234' or '00V-1234'... if you can't find any of this info, either on the box, or online - dat ain't "certified" by anyone other than the snake-oil..... well, you get it...

Really - legally-speaking - you should not have even been able to take-delivery on a Class IV system, w/O already having *your* Variance to produce shows... Here's the 411 on that whole ball of fun:

http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-Emittin...m118907.htm#ig

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/De.../ucm094445.htm

Oh, and yes, your NYS Class B license, too (...don't forget the $600. Registration to NYS DOSH every 3 years, too!

Not tryin to 'drop a turd in yer punchbowl' here, Dude, but PL is a place where you may get a bit more advice than just the answers to your ??s - but - you'll 'thank the community', in the long-run... the CDRH is recently starting to 'wake-up', and will begin to start 'cracking-down' on folks that don't actually have all their snuff-together - many Pros are already going thru it, right now...

My (unsolicited) advice would be to, if at all possible, return that 500mW "50K" unit, and put the $$ towards a legal-system... even if you have to 'finance' something in the $5-6K + range, you'll be better off cause you'll a) not have the thing crap the bed on you, in month 13 and b) get legal, so you can be-around long-enough to make your investment, back / some $$ with it...

Solo mis dos centavos...
    ciao
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hi lsp...

Umm, "certified" by *whom*? The snake-oil / lazer-box salesman that sold it to ya? Can you actually look it up on the FDA site? (somewhat-hosed, as it may-be )

Try going to http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInforma...ts/default.htm and up in the top-right 'Search' box, see if you can find your projector, or the manufacturer - even via the Product Report number, which should-be found on a sticker on the rear of your projector - the number would be something like '00P-1234' or '00V-1234'... if you can't find any of this info, either on the box, or online - dat ain't "certified" by anyone other than the snake-oil..... well, you get it...

Really - legally-speaking - you should not have even been able to take-delivery on a Class IV system, w/O already having *your* Variance to produce shows... Here's the 411 on that whole ball of fun:

http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-Emittin...m118907.htm#ig

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/De.../ucm094445.htm

Oh, and yes, your NYS Class B license, too (...don't forget the $600. Registration to NYS DOSH every 3 years, too!

Not tryin to 'drop a turd in yer punchbowl' here, Dude, but PL is a place where you may get a bit more advice than just the answers to your ??s - but - you'll 'thank the community', in the long-run... the CDRH is recently starting to 'wake-up', and will begin to start 'cracking-down' on folks that don't actually have all their snuff-together - many Pros are already going thru it, right now...

My (unsolicited) advice would be to, if at all possible, return that 500mW "50K" unit, and put the $$ towards a legal-system... even if you have to 'finance' something in the $5-6K + range, you'll be better off cause you'll a) not have the thing crap the bed on you, in month 13 and b) get legal, so you can be-around long-enough to make your investment, back / some $$ with it...

Solo mis dos centavos...
    ciao
    j

They are class IIIb lasers and I already have the variance from the government....everything is legit... I was just giving $2000 as a ballpark, I am fairly new to buying lasers... I am willing to spend more for the quality...

They are class IIIb lasers and I already have the variance from the government....everything is legit...
    Ahh, a thousand-apologies... didn't realize you already had your variance... Congrats! some people have been waiting over 18-24 mo's for their approvals -
    some, are waiting still...

I was just giving $2000 as a ballpark, I am fairly new to buying lasers... I am willing to spend more for the quality...
    Sure thing, I think that what 'raised the eyebrow' was "500mW + 7 colors (sounds like a TTL RGB...) + certified projector w/ 50K galvos for $1300." - sounded either like a great used-deal or 'snake oil' / you'd been-had...(which would be sad... Would be interesting to know what manuf. that box is, at such a great price...

Well, wish you happy trails in your search... I can't really be of much help under $7-10K, but lemme know if you wish any help on 'dealing' with NYS...
    they're a bit of a PITA...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...