Thread: Mirror and Mount from MODWERX

Default Mirror and Mount from MODWERX

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 016.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	24630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 012.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	24629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 024.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	24627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 018.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	24626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 023.jpg 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	24625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 011.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	24624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 014.jpg 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	24623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modwerx mount  and mirror review 019.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	24622
    Thanks for reading this review

Modwerx optic/mirror mount & mirror review. New items just added this month.

Modwerx Shop

The store site is very professional and easy to use/navigate. Questions sent get quick replies.

As you go to the Home page the first thing you will see is a paragraph about laser safety and a link to read more about this extremely important info. This is something that every seller of related items should always do.

Miniature laser optic/mirror mount.
    (description from Modwerx store) "This is a small space saving optics mount that will mount with 1x M4 screw through the bottom. The center of the mounting plate is 3/4" and will match perfectly with our lab style heatsinks. Precision adjustments are made by turning the 2x 6-40 screws to get the desired beam position."---$22.99

Note from reviewer---Heatsink in photo at the store site is not included, it is being shown only for reference.
    The heatsink can be purchased at Modwerx.- The centers of both heatsink and mirror match up.
    MODWERX Mount-----
    total height: 1 1/8"
    height to center of mount area: 3/4"
    width: 3/4"
    depth(including thumb screws): 7/8"
    Model: M0046 --Shipping Weight: 0.0625lbs --45 Units in Stock

This product was added to thier catalog on Saturday 09 April, 2011.

15mm diameter first/front surface mirror
    (copied from site)
    "Specially coated mirrors attain maximum reflection of the most popular visible laser diode wavelengths. Optimized at 45°, these mirrors achieve..greater than 95% reflectance from 600 to 675nm versus only 85-90% for standard first surface mirrors. This reduced loss becomes particularly significant in multiple reflection systems.
    $18.99"

So if loss is important(as when your laser must be reflected several times) then this type of front surface mirror needs to be used.

Overall I found this mount and mirror to be very well made and is easy to adjust. And the screws and threads are very smooth and the knurled knobs are very nice- easy to make fine adjustments- a must for all applications where precision is needed. It is the perfect size to do its job while having a very small footprint.

total for both items $41.98 shipping costs are:

shipping options to Texas-77422

United States Postal Service (0.13lbs)
    $22.25 Express Mail (1 - 2 days)
    $4.21 First-Class Mail (2 - 5 days)
    $7.75 Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)
    United Parcel Service (0.13lbs)
    $55.57 Next Day Air
    $27.60 2nd Day Air
    $22.85 3 Day Select
    $19.09 Ground
    Depending upon you location your shipping may differ.

In almost all cases Modwerx ships items out within 2 days. In addition to PayPal Modwerx offers these payment options:..

Master Card-Visa-Amer. Express Discovery and Google Checkout.

Modwerx is a Paypal Verified Seller.

Sign up at the store site to receive updates and sales promotions and make ordering very easy.

Modwerx is GODADDY(dot) Com Verified&Secured.

Loss test using red lab laser(655nm IIRC)- direct readings(Kenometer) of 81, and 82mWs and reflected off Modwerx FS Mirror 77, 78 and 79 mWs. see photos of actual testing -- So not much loss. Reflection angle was approx 20 degrees.
    Second test was done at approx 45 degrees and had similar results 85 vs 82 mWs.

If I had to give a grade I would say 95 out of 100. You can pay much more and get a black anodized finish and maybe bigger knobs but for its price the performace is much better that the cheaper and home-mounts that I have used.
    My review was not influenced by Modwerx providing this sample. I have given bad reviews to a few that sent me poorly made items.

hak

made
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 04-22-2011 at 14:13. Reason: added info