Thread: Melles Griot. The speed of stupid

Default Melles Griot. The speed of stupid

I ordered a laser collimator for my 58 BLD-605 blue DPSS laser in order to combine the 2 output beams into one using their customised assembly which is basically a polarized cube beam spliter and dichroic mirror AR coated for 457 nm blue.

- The first delivery was made using UPS (better know as OOOPSsss) and they simply left the goods at my door , no authorization , no first notice and value at $975 US ( I have had goods stolen at my door due to OOOPS doing the above).

No fault of MG so far and goods never disappeared but, they shipped me the wrong asembly.
    I contact MG and after explaining myself to 3 people (long story) they give me an RMA# to return the goods using their Fedex account.
    One of the MG people Jennifer Morse emails the technical Support Eng about contacting me to clear up this mess (she accidently copied me on her email, must be blond) and her apathy for customers was very apparent in her negative tone used in the email to Amir Marashdi.
    I emailed her back and then she realized her gross FAUX PAS. She emailed me back an apology using her best practiced insincerity and passed the buck to Cassie Tampon (yes Tampon, need i say more ! ).
    Cassie gives me an RMA# to return the goods.
    Did i mention that the original goods also arrived damaged due to poor packing ( a mounting screw popped out and fell inside the assembly that has 2 AR coated optics inside, so bounced around inside all the way from Carlsbad , California to Ottawa, Canada, scratching the AR coatings)
    I ship goods back and am given a new delivery date about 2 weeks later. I contact the customer service rep at MG 2 weeks later since I never got a notice of tracking number and am told the Item is backordered, no new delivery date is provided. I email her again and as why she gave me a fixed date , made me wait 2 weeks only to tell me the goods are backordered and she doesn't provide me with a new date.
    Two days later I get a email telling me the correct goods have been shipped via Fedex this time (at least they stopped using OOOPS).
    I received the goods today and guess what, they shipped me the wrong item AGAIN !
    I feel like I'm in a Monty Python sales training comedy skit titled
    "How NOT to conduct a business".
    I emailed Cassie Tampon, Amir Marashdi and Chris Becker the incredible but true bad news that MG screwed up once more !
    The saga continues.
    I hope i get the darn thing and wonder how some companies can stay in business with such incompetent people. Amir the Tech Support Eng seems to be the only competent person in Carlsbad that I dealt with. He emailed me the instructions sheet for the correct Laser Collimator and Ms Tampon was copied . You just can't get good help anymore.
    Patiently waiting for my second RMA# GAWD !

Rick :? :x
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010

Ok May 30,2006 after 30 emails and 3 shipments from Melles Griot I finally received the correct Laser Collimator for my 58 BLD-605 blue DPSS laser.
    Melles Griot's new company motto. "We get it right the 3rd time or eventually, whatever happens first."

My rant is over....

Rick 8)

Default Melles Griot

I too have had problems with orders from Melles Griot. Yes I have spoken with Cassie and others. Amir I have had email exchanges and phone conversations going back several years. He is great. Too bad the others get things so confused.
    Laserlover, just wondering why you didnt order the beam combiner from ? Now memory slips me, is it LFI or some other big laser show company that makes one. I know one does.
    BTW, Tim Walsh of Laser Spectacles has a very similiar recent story about Melles Griot. I think they finally got his right after the 3rd shipment.

Hi Maxvideo,

A quick update on Melles Griot. I checked my VISA statement on-line today and they actually charged me a second time so the stupid buggers are trying to make me pay twice. AARGH !

I had approached LFI on the subject of them combining the beams on my 58-BLD-605 and providing galvo blanking but they wanted to charge me over $4,000 US ,
    F#@K them, no wonder they went tits up. I can do the same for $1,500 US

Rick :twisted: