Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Laser ... Yippeeee!

Wow Bob, 6 watts of power at your disposal for making holograms

That's really nice. I'm also jealous of your large optical table... So much room

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Question

What is the difference between a 500mW and a 4 watt hologram? That seems like a big laser for making holograms.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    What is the difference between a 500mW and a 4 watt hologram? That seems like a big laser for making holograms.
    Recording materials that aren't very sensitive need more power. Large area exposures need more power. NO laser is too big for anything!

And thanks Jeremy. The table is 5x13'.

Holy crap Bob... 5' x 13'... Really?, that's what I call a BIG table ! , puts my little 100cm x 52cm table to shame

Aaron... More power = shorter exposure times = less stability problems = bigger and brighter holograms

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Laser Warning Trade

Hey I will trade you a nice HeNe for that big green monster taking up your whole table... heh heh heh. Enjoy! Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Thumbs up

Thanks guys; I assumed we would be seing a football field hologram or something... Maybe one of the Space Shuttle.

I've been on the FAQ looking at these photos for a long time now, and still can't figure out why the Verdi is setup like this.

(Photos courtesy of Sams Laser Faq)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	verdicv1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	25397
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	verdi1.gif 
Views:	37 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	25398

Why is the there a 1064nm beam going back away from the OC, and eventually back into the gain medium? What's the point of doing that? And why must is go through this "optical diode" and an "etalon" before hand?

I thought any feedback would preferably be measured from the other side of the OC.. where the green, and only the green is.

Any why did they choose LBO is this particular case? I thought KTP was best for 532 lasers and LBO was more commonly used in 473s.

This is just a weird laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball View Post
    Why is the there a 1064nm beam going back away from the OC, and eventually back into the gain medium?
    It wouldn't be a very efficient resonator if the light only made one pass through the gain medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball View Post
    why must is go through this "optical diode"
    Otherwise the green and IR would be going both ways and you'd get an unwanted secondary green beam at the output. That's what it looks like to me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xytrell View Post
    Otherwise the green and IR would be going both ways and you'd get an unwanted secondary green beam at the output. That's what it looks like to me, anyway.
    The optical diode is also vital to the operation of the ring cavity, to insure single-line, single-mode, stable output.

It is Ring Cavity SLM green laser? very nice.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge