Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Wedding

Ahhh, Wow!... Just removed myself from the front of the telly

Spent the entire day with my wife and our family glued to the TV screen. What a truly spectacular and wonderful event. A lovely couple who clearly put their own mark on the day to make it personal to themselves, or as much as they could do within the constraints of Royal protocol.

The wedding dress was gorgeous, the bride beautiful and the pageantry was simply stunning, we certainly know how to put on a good show.

I guess I come from a different generation to some of the folks here as i'm over 50 and I have the greatest admiration and respect for the Royal family. I think they are one of the UK's greatest assets and long may they reign. I also think Kate and William will bring a new sense of freshness to the Royalty. I wish them every success for a wonderful future together as husband and wife... and hopefully our future King and Queen.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Default tax £££

it nice to know our tax £££ goes to a good cause
    i wonder how much that cost us hard workers
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Excellent!, couldn't have said it better myself, the Royal Family are a true asset to the UK
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

i knew that the Michael Jacksons wardrobe was auctioned off after his death, i just didnt know it was such a huge collection.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    it nice to know our tax £££ goes to a good cause
    i wonder how much that cost us hard workers
    How much did Reuters make selling the feeds? 20 Billion viewers world wide they stated!!!!!!

I am curious if the Palace demanded a cut to cover costs. I would have! How many cans of Coke did they sell as a result?

The upside for Will and Kate is they didn't need to hire a wedding video crew, they could simply set their VCR to record the event.

It did look good in HD. I remember what Dianna's wedding looked like on video, it had that eighties softness to it.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    How much did Reuters make selling the feeds? 20 Billion viewers world wide they stated!!!!!!

I am curious if the Palace demanded a cut to cover costs. I would have! How many cans of Coke did they sell as a result?

The upside for Will and Kate is they didn't need to hire a wedding video crew, they could simply set their VCR to record the event.

It did look good in HD. I remember what Dianna's wedding looked like on video, it had that eighties softness to it.
    BBC One HD was actually quite good yesterday but then again they upped the bit rate for coverage of the event.

I noticed BBC One SD had a very poor picture with artefacts at some times.

Lets just hope Will and Kate recorded the HD version!!

BTW I'm sure in all reality, that the BBC will master a HD version of their coverage at studio standards and give it as a gift. Probably on of those things you'll never publicly hear about but which I'm sure will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    BBC One HD was actually quite good yesterday but then again they upped the bit rate for coverage of the event.

I noticed BBC One SD had a very poor picture with artefacts at some times.

Lets just hope Will and Kate recorded the HD version!!

BTW I'm sure in all reality, that the BBC will master a HD version of their coverage at studio standards and give it as a gift. Probably on of those things you'll never publicly hear about but which I'm sure will happen.
    Did you see the camera angle looking straight down from the Abbey ceiling? As they zoomed in the image rotated, it looked very Hollywood!!!

Poor old Camilla, did you notice the Queen's lack of interest as they met at the entrance? Poor old Charlie and Camilla... Still in the bad books after all these years lol.
    This space for rent.

I just wondered how they got all those full size trees inside the Abbey... and try asking for that at your wedding, bet the answer wouldn't be yes.