Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: 405-G2 lens in M9 retainers

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    are you sure you have rotated the WP to find it's best position? place the power meter in front of the aperture and start rotating the waveplate (while keeping it vertical)

how much losses (%) are you talking about? i still haven't tested mine and as it seems at the moment i will not do so for some time to come
    That is exactly what I did. I am looking at 460mW from a pair of diodes measured at 300mW each before the mirrors. Perhaps this is a combination of knife edging also.

The final quad measured 960mW from 1200mW of laser output. 460mW from the WP pair, 500mW from the other pair.
    This space for rent.

Here are a few pics of the new quad with my DIY blue and CNI green.

Funny thing is, the quad red has the lowest divergence of the lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00126.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	24811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00127.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	24812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00131.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	168.1 KB 
ID:	24813
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Here are a few pics of the new quad with my DIY blue and CNI green.

Funny thing is, the quad red has the lowest divergence of the lot.
    I take it your getting the 4 x 405-G2 lens for this quad setup. Then I would suggest scrap the WP & PBS and do a 2 over and 2 under knife edge setup. Max power with a couple less adjustment points and the beam @ the aperture should still be well under 2.5mm x 2.5mm and divergence <0.75mrad.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    I take it your getting the 4 x 405-G2 lens for this quad setup. Then I would suggest scrap the WP & PBS and do a 2 over and 2 under knife edge setup. Max power with a couple less adjustment points and the beam @ the aperture should still be well under 2.5mm x 2.5mm and divergence <0.75mrad.
    This was my thought; shouldn't wave plates be reserved for big, andy_con like builds?

Yes with the FL of 4 like the 405g2 lens you can stack 2 on 2 and get a very low divergence. It will fit your mirrors. With stacking blue diodes the max you can do is shooting 2 like this: ll true a prism pair. With 3 you need O-like lenses and stack them like this : lll When stacking 4 reds then the best is like this # or like this ll With the last one you need a PBS and waveplate the other can be done by having 2 horizontally stacked and 2 verticall stacked and shoot them true a PBS. I like the one without a PBS and waveplate. Just stack a pair of two next to eachother on another 2.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    This was my thought; shouldn't wave plates be reserved for big, andy_con like builds?
    Exactly! I'm going to try a 9 banger with a 3 x 3 knife edged matrix. Should give about a 3.5-4mm beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    Exactly! I'm going to try a 9 banger with a 3 x 3 knife edged matrix. Should give about a 3.5-4mm beam.
    too much hustle i think. and you will most definately need telescopics.
    why don't you try a 12 with 6 like ::: and then another 6 like ::: through a wp and pbs?
    "its called character briggs..."

Thanks guys. I'll try the 2+2 stack and drop the cube once Dave's G2's arrive.
    This space for rent.